Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 09:55 PM

I met Mr Opposite Direction. We took a walk with the dog had a drink and a small plate and chatted up at storm. We had a nice kiss as I was getting in my car, then I drove home. I didn't get in till nearly 12. It is a solid hour with no traffic. I just can't do it There will be no popping down there for an hour or so just to hang out. Evening traffic makes the drive 2 long slow crawling hours. I am sure he would make the effort to come up here but it is just too far for regular meeting. He has a very big young dog, super cute, but he chases cats. My geriatric cat would not be impressed. I haven't messaged him much today and I'll have to call him tomorrow to say no thanks I am disappointed but my reality is don't travel that way for work anymore and I can't see dealing with large dog and my cats.

I am heading out to meet Mr In-the-Right-Direction shortly and then Mr PoD for dinner and he has planned a play scene so I am excited about that. I do love kinky sex.

Time to stop messaging those that live in the wrong direction.
Mr Six: early 50s. FWB for 3+ years.
Mr Lime: Early 50s. Recent meet. Kinky Dom.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:48 AM

I messed up by texting a basic message to Mr Opposite Direction that was meant for Mr In The Right Direction. ugh. I felt shitty. The message wasn't awful, just a basic "I enjoyed meeting you and here is my phone number" Mr Opposite Direction said he wasn't replied that he wasn't expecting a commitment after one date and we could talk tonight. I'll call him shortly. The distance is probably untenable but he is keen enough to try. I am extremely doubtful about it.

The evening with Mr PoD went really well. We discussed the text about him "pretending to care," what he meant was our previous joke about faking interest. We had moved onto discussing his endless annoyance with most people when he said, "Don't ask me if I like you, I don't like it when women do that." I replied that I hadn't asked and he said " I do like you but I don't like being asked if I do." Then he launched into how I was way out of his usual dating age range and he only met me because his female friends and the mother's of his daughter friends found out he dates women in their 20s and he thought he should cast his net slightly wider as they were being very judgmental and he was worried he they wouldn't let their daughters be friends anymore. He continued that he was surprised that we were still seeing each other after 5 months but he had no plans to change things. Back handed compliments! He had already said he liked me last time I saw him. haha, must have forgotten. Apparently, I am not crazy and not wanting to get married so things he likes how things are going. So many more compliments! It was very cute watching him, he really has no filter.
I did ask him about travel, he took his kids on a plane a few weeks ago for summer. He said he hated it, hated flying coach, hated the hotel but did for the kids. He has been to many exotic locales and said he just doesn't enjoy traveling anymore, he wants to be home.
I am currently quite fascinated by how easily he is irritated by people and why does he have such an active social life if most of the people he hangs out with drive him nuts ( he does have a couple of very close friends ) He replied that he would rather be with people he finds annoying than be alone. Wow. So like Prof.

The sex was great, a scene with ropes and whips and various other items I left at about 6:40am. he asked me to wake him up for morning sex but he is not a morning person. He would have heard me getting coffee etc, so could have asked but the idea is better than the reality for him I am totally up for morning sex. The drive to work was a breeze.

The meeting with Mr In the Right Direction went very well. He had been in the military and has travelled extensively so we had lots to talk about. He wants to meet again.

So my dating schedule is pretty full. This is my week where I have lots of kid time so I only have a couple of nights open. Prof has Weds as per usual and I am not sure what to do with Thursday. I would like to see Mr PoD but that would mean not being home for 2 nights straight during the work week.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:37 AM

I had to tell Mr Opposite Direction that it really wasn't going to work out due to the direction and travel time. We were planning on meeting for dinner tonight but even meeting halfway meant over an hour in traffic. I called him and said I had just spent an hour in the car and couldn't face another hour going at 7pmh. He was very nice about it and asked about the next weekend I am kid free. I just can't see it. Staying with Prof adds 10 minutes to my morning drive, staying with Mr PoD actually reduces my commute by about 15 minutes. Staying with Mr Opposite would add an hour! an almost 2 hour drive. Lesson learned, my days of dating that way are done.

MR Right direction is still messaging, I would like to see him again.

Last night with Prof was interesting. We watched the first 2 episodes of Star Trek Discovery, which is excellent, after talking for about 3 hours straight. He got all emotional about meeting my family next month and told a great story about when he and my Dad took the kids out to see an event when we were on the Euro trip in 2015. He actually shed a few tears retelling the story and said he would go and see my parents the next time I had a few kid free days ( because I can pay for international flights at the drop of a hat ). I told him that he had actually complained about the Euro visit and said we spent too much time at my parents house. He apologized said he should never had said that and that it had been one of the best trips of his life! He loves my parents and wants to to go Eurotripping with us next summer!

I just did a video chat with Mr Right Direction it was a nice chat.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:04 PM

Mr Wrong Direction kept saying he could make it work, we carried on chatting and me avoiding making plans with him. Having told him twice it was not going to work out and that really not getting anywhere I am doing to slow text fade. Short responses and no questions. He hasn't initiated conversation over the weekend so maybe he is finally getting that I meant what I said.

I saw Prof twice this week. We went out to a friends birthday drinks on Wed and Friday we went to the target range. It was great not to have to get up early on Saturday. We had some good morning sex. things are going well with him, it feels settled.

I saw Mr Right Direction last night. He came to me at about 4pm and we went out to do the touristy things plus margaritas. He stayed the night. The first sex encounter didn't end up with PIV due to a bit of nerves and a lot of tequila. The second one went well, the third also good but not this morning. He said it was the condoms but it was probably also due to the fact that he had cum twice already. We haven't talked BD play but we do plan to see each other again. He rents a room in a house with an elderly lady so staying at his is not an option. He says the cheap rent is totally worth not being able to have overnight guests. He possibly could but chooses not too. He did the drive back home in around 30 minutes so hopefully distance won't be too much of an issue.

Mr Car popped up on text on Friday night. I haven't replied and don't intend to reply. I was telling someone about him picking at me and the friend said he was treating you like a car, trying to knock down the price because of the flaws. That hit the nail right on the head.

I haven't heard from Mr PoD all week. I am happy to let that drop.

the new job is going fine. I was out with my friend yesterday and we talked a little about work, I said I had a really good week, and she said it was the first time in years that I talked about work and it was not all bad. I am glad I made the change.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:28 AM

Mr PoD popped up to ask why I hadn't been in contact. I said I had and he never replied. He actually apologized profusely said he he had a lot of issues with kid #2 starting middle school and has been stressed and picked up a lot of work at the same time. I told him to stop deleting messages the second he gets them. He apologized more! Asked to take me out on Saturday night. I said yes.

Mr Wrong Direction has stopped texting, which is a relief, a very nice person but there were other red flags apart from the distance which I now don't have to share with him. I am not willing to do anxiety and depression in my free time, just not. A touch of anxiety every now and then, maybe, but depression and anxiety is a no.

Things are going well with Mr Right Direction. He needs a shorter name...Mr Lime. He is a tequila aficionado. He travels quite a bit, I suppose you can when saving a ton on rent. his schedule makes it easier to see others who also travel a lot and then I have my own busy schedule. He did ask me to stay at his place on Thursday and said I could drive to work the next day from his, this was quite the surprise as he said he never has overnight guests at his place and would rent a hotel rather than have guests, this week won't work but maybe in the future. I did ask him about my next kid-free weekend and he said "sure" but no actual pick of Friday or Saturday so I went with Mr Pod's request. So next weekend will be quite busy.

Last weekend was the first time in ages that I had sex with two different people in one day and I loved it. Mr Lime and I have been texting slightly about BD play. He asked me what my interest level was and I sent him a pic of my restraints. He thought I was a complete novice I felt no need to share too much too early on, it seems to set up expectations of just sex and not having an actual relationship.

Prof night tomorrow. Happy about that.

Last edited by Atlantis; 09-12-2018 at 04:30 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:40 AM

Mr PoD had a meltdown and I am fine to let it be over. I sent him a text asking how his daughter was doing. He replied that I am poly and don't get to ask those types of questions. It was certainly a WTF moment. He has decided he doesn't like poly people and I am fine for just food and a fuck, nothing emotional. He wants his main squeeze to only be emotionally connected to him, he does still intend (while being with this monogamous emotional person ) to have sex with casual partners including women that he doesn't even like! I didn't try to argue or change his mind, let him rant and said goodnight. He sent me a message the next day asking me not to be mean or angry with him. What?!?

I put a lot of thought into what I wanted and really played over my tendency to break up with people too quickly, especially after letting go of both Mr Car and Mr Wrong Direction recently. I did weigh up the pros and cons and found not many pros at all. The list of cons was much longer. I replied that we are not on the same page page with expectations which is fine. I am not angry.
I am wondering if that is enough of a reply to mean we don't ever have to see each other again or if I should have been more explicit.

I hope he gets the hint because I am going to swap Mr Lime into Saturday night and probably Saturday afternoon too. We are going to the movies! I couldn't get Mr PoD to do anything but food and fuck.

A good evening with Prof. Lots of chat, some tv, I smoked a tiny bit of weed and was asleep at 9ish. I woke up at around 11 while he was eating ice-cream in bed, ate 2 bowls and went back to sleep. I don't even really like ice-cream much and I didn't get what was going on till Prof said I obviously had the munchies He was too tired to have sex last night. He actually went to sleep very early for him and got up with me.I remain his human Ambien.

Been texting with Mr Six, no plans to meet but we chat fairly regularly. Still chat away and phone talk with Mr Dom. I am glad we have remained friends. He sent me his old phone and added it to his plan so kid#1 finally has a phone.

Work is good, they keep throwing days off at me. I have yet to take any, seems a bit early in the game. My colleagues are pressuring me to say how overworked we all are and how is that I seem to be slightly ahead? Answer 1 is I don't know everything that I should be doing and answer 2 is I can easily do a couple of hours a couple of nights a week and it's not a problem, it is nothing like the volume that I used to do.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:30 AM

Trying not to over message with Mr Lime. When I first starting online chat with him I was texting and talking with Mr Wrong Direction a lot and so would answer Mr Lime infrequently. I think that was actually the right way to go, even though it was unintentional, I think it created a little air of mystery. I do have a habit of going in hard and fast with the texting. Bam, bam, bam. The new me who works a lot less and only has to answer a couple of emails per week has a far more laid back approach.

Speaking of emails, 12,000 last year, one of my new colleagues said I should go back to management and not waste my talents. Hell no. I have a few emails per week that I need to answer and days off being thrown at me and pretty much no guilt when I take day off. I am still nervous about actually t aking a day off but will take one so I can go get us all flu shots. A day off for a flu shot "Family Medical Days." Hilarious. I spent this morning on the sofa with the kids and Reddit, not doing 2 hours of work before breakfast.

I have also noticed my compulsive scheduling has really eased off, so much so that I am hardly planning a thing. I have kid #2 birthday, the wedding, and that is it. I have looked at flights for next summer to go and see the parents. Prof is coming too and the parents are happy to watch the kids while Prof and I take a trip for a week. Hard to believe that the last time I left the kids with the parents was in 2015, next summer is 2019. No longer do they need constant supervision, they can make their own snacks and small meals. How times change!

Life is good even if the drop in income is a bit of a challenge.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:04 AM

Signature update. Mr PoD out Mr Lime in, very early days but while I was deleting the old I might as well add the new.

Life is mostly fine. Menopause has slightly returned. I had myself a mild anxiety moment on the drive to work and ended up calling Mr Lime and expressing my worries about having a person stay at my house for 2 nights, all the time I am speaking I am thinking to myself, "this is weird, this is not me." He was very sweet about it and said he always has work to do so I will have time to do my stuffness of life and not have to be the entertaining hostess the whole time. We picked two things to do, Predator movie and yoga and he said the rest will work itself out, if I need him to go early then he is fine with that. So I was somewhat reassured, I get to work and the boiling inferno starts, closely followed by a pounding migraine, you go hormones! At least now I know what was going on. I am kind of looking forward to doing the boyfriend/girlfriend type thing. It is not my strong suit, I have been living alone for so long and Mr Dom virtually living me for a short period drove me nuts, but that was about 2 years ago.
Hopefully, a lot of it will be naked time and doing some mild bdsm play. Start of slow kind of thing.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 AM

The weekend with Mr Lime went very well! On Friday night we went to see the new Predator movie, which was pretty silly, entertaining enough but certainly not good. We then went out for cocktails and both got a bit drunk. I had a hangover on Saturday morning and was useless till nearly 11 am so no yoga. We went out around lunchtime to do my shopping stuff, he pushed the cart around Target for me and said I looked hilariously uncomfortable and obviously not used to having help. I had a gift certificate to a local hot tub place with onsen so we did that early Saturday evening, cooked dinner together on Saturday night and were asleep a little after 9 pm!

There was quite a lot of sex We are working out the kinks, pun intended, so nothing too wild. He did a lot of restraining with his hands and various positions so that was great. He is in really good shape though has laid of the gym recently due to a back issue. He has sent me a link to his instagram earlier in the week where he has posted a number of tasteful nudes of himself. He is a self described exhibitionist and with a body like I don't blame him. He said his previous GF couldn't take him posting nudes online but I told him to go for it! I have no issue and would be happy to perv over his pics actually I am perving over them. I love a round ass on a man.

I was actually a little disappointed when he left at lunchtime. I had arranged to met my friend and had a bunch of stuff to do around the house so I did need the time this afternoon, but still...NRE, well, after I had a nap.

However, I don't think he is actually into open/poly, I think that is a misinterpretation on my part. We didn't discuss it exactly. We did talk condoms and STD testing, talked a lot about kink. He has been to the clubs in the city, which I haven't. As I sit and think about it, I just am not sure. At any rate, we are both very keen on each other.

He is still married though the separated "wife" and kids live in a different state and they have been separated for about 7 years. He says it is for tax and benefits reasons. I really don't think he is lying. I haven't been this excited about a new person in ages.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:14 AM

Mr Lime asked me to join him while he is out of state next month while he is watching his "kids" for almost 2 weeks. They are actually mid and late teens so don't require a whole lot of looking after, mostly make sure they don't burn the house down while mom is out of town. He offered to pay for my flight and hotel for 2 nights. It feels a bit quick to accept that kind of offer both because of the financial aspect and the BF/GF feel. He has already asked me about taking a trip to Mexico with him and I said my travel budget has gone for the year apart from localish trips. I have been honest about taking the pay cut to be with the kids; I didn't mention the having to go back to spread sheet budgets to make sure ends are met. The little wiggle room I had is has gone. It's totally worth it for the reduction in workload but I am trying to cut back every bill I have.

I know I have been accepting travel from Prof for years. He is covering most of the trip to the wedding next month but I am still contributing an amount in the upper hundreds.

I have been fortunate to mostly meet men who are in much better financial positions than I am, high paying jobs and adult children, they have money to spend on the luxuries.

After much pondering as I write and delete, I just don't think I can accept. It's too soon. But I am a great person to travel with

So Wednesday with Prof and Thursday with Mr Lime. I will go and stay with Mr Lime on my next Thursday that aligns with his schedule. I was annoyed with Mr PoD about his lack of willingness to travel to my neck of the woods so I need to be willing to stay with Mr Lime. Plus Mr Lime close to my new job I can suck up the nervousness of meeting the housemates, the lady houseowner is in her 80s. It's mostly that Mr Lime said he never has females to stay at his house, he always would get a hotel. I suppose it is like the nervousness of meeting the relatives. It's too fast. Vacations, flights, meet the family...lots of NRE excitement for him. I am ready to put the brakes on a bit. If he had his own place then I think I wouldn't have such an issue with staying with him. I enjoy nights away on the whole.
Mr Lime sent me a video of himself this morning, x-rated. He has a this very wild side but also is so calm and together. I would say that I am somewhat similar but his wildside is way wilder than mine. He said he should have asked the bartender to take pics of us on Friday night and taken pics at the hot tub onsen place. Prof wouldn't let me take pics till we had been together for ages and I don't have a single one of Mr PoD. I enjoy the energy of Mr Lime, I worry a little a bout love-bombing.

Last edited by Atlantis; 09-26-2018 at 04:22 AM.