A star and planet searching for a moon

ethereal

Dear Polyamory,

My boyfriend and I are in Alaska for the summer season. We are both young, highly educated, established, professional adults. In the most humble way possible, we are both very pleasing to eyes. We have an amazing connection together and our minds are saturated with the idea of another woman in orbit of our solar system. ;)

Just like a lot of other ideas, polyamory is socially unacceptable, making it hard for us to just "put it out there". We've both felt the same void for as long as each of us can remember. It was fate that we found one another, just as it will be when we find our missing moon!

So we've done a little research and luckily found this forum. We will probably be moving to Las Vegas in the next few months. We have decided to wield the power of this forum to complete our triune. Its nice to meet all of you!

Sincerely,

-Ethereal

Ethereal,

Welcome to the forum. The search for people that enrich our lives can be a long and painful one. This is made even more difficult by the fact that there are a very large number of folks out there looking for the same thing you are, and relatively few females who are looking for that sort of relationship. For this reason that type of female is often known as a "Unicorn" and you guys would be the infamous "Unicorn Hunters" :) You can search the forums for these tags to see other discussions on this topic.

I'm going to do my very best to not take your celestial analogy too far, because it may take me down some not positive paths (something about orbits and hierarchies), so the one bit of advice I will give you is to maybe post an entry in the section of this forum for personals - it's called 'Dating and Friendships'.

I wish you luck on your search.

Greetings Ethereal,
A much belated welcome from me.

You never know what you might end up "adding to your Solar system," so keep your mind and eyes wide open. That said, I hope that whatever you do find is the perfect match for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Not sure where you are in Alaska-but hopefully you are enjoying todays sun!

It's been a rainy and cloudy summer but the sun today is gorgeous!

Ethereal,

I'm going to do my very best to not take your celestial analogy too far, because it may take me down some not positive paths (something about orbits and hierarchies), so the one bit of advice I will give you is to maybe post an entry in the section of this forum for personals - it's called 'Dating and Friendships'.

I wish you luck on your search.

My celestial analogy was a perfect description of our vision of polyamory. Whats wrong with a hierarchy if everyone knows there role in the relationship and plays/lives it? I am going to refrain from saying what I want to say because I don't want to disrespect you on this thread. But let it be known that your comment has really upset me. Furthermore, I think my post is fine where it is.

I'm sure CDM has been quivering in his boots for the last two weeks in fear of your disrespect and/or disapprobation.

If you were to post here asking for home decorating advice, I would suggest you try a home decorating forum because you'd be more likely to find people with answers for you there than on a board about polyamoury. If you post here looking for a date, I would suggest you try the subforum specifically set up for those who come here looking for dates rather than the one for new people to introduce themselves. Can you guess why?

If you were then to get all bent out of shape about it I... well... really I couldn't are less, but I might be inclined to believe you're not worth helping.

Hi ethereal,

All relationships are different, and I just wish you well in finding the person/relationship that is right for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

My celestial analogy was a perfect description of our vision of polyamory. Whats wrong with a hierarchy if everyone knows there role in the relationship and plays/lives it?
Ah ok, I didn't realise that you meant it so literally. One of you (the planet) are in orbit around the other (the sun), due to the gravitational pull of the sun-person. You are looking for someone else (moon) to orbit around the planet-person, due to the gravitational pull of the planet. The sun-person's gravitational pull will have only a negligible effect on the moon-person. The moon-person serves two purposes - a pretty thing up in the sky for the planet-person to look at when they feel romantic and causing tides on the planet-person. The moon-personal is essentially dead - completely devoid of life. The sun-person is a large ball of hot gas that nobody can get close to for fear of being burned.

Good luck finding your moon, then!

May I eat you too?

Does anyone have some garlic butter handy? (Edit:) Or are planets better with chocolate sauce?

Last edited:
Does anyone have some garlic butter handy? (Edit:) Or are planets better with chocolate sauce?

Try Nutella. Everything goes down better with Nutella.

That could work. It'd be nice and melty around the equator and solid at the poles*. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

*Assuming ethereal isn't the star, of course. Then it'd be vaporised no matter where you put it.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread got weird and slightly toxic in a hurry!

Never mind that, though. Welcome to the forum, Ethereal.

There is much to be learned here.

Nutella is only toxic if you're allergic! :D

Back