Greetings in Arizona

PolyKnight

This feels like coming out of the closet. I have been in conversations with my wife about being non-monogamous. I have never been in a monogamous relationship I was happy with. The longest I tried was 10 years but that was on the grounds I waited till the kids I adopted were 18. Now I am in a new marriage and we are trying to be open and understanding we are just wired differently. She feels being with me is more important than being monogamous. I don't want to leave her but there has always been a +1 in all my relationships.

So Hi from Arizona.

One newbie to another

Hi from Ohio, PK. I had a similar situation opening my husband up to these types of experiences, but I think our relationship is all the better for it. It's a tough road to walk, for sure! In your other relationships, was your +1 primarily for sex, or were they romantic partners as well?

Hello PolyKnight,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like responsible non-monogamy has been meant to be for you for a long time. It is wonderful that your wife has been supportive about this.

We have many resources you can tap into on this site, so dig right in. Follow any threads you find interesting, and post any thoughts or questions that come to your mind.

Hope you'll enjoy your stay.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

In your other relationships, was your +1 primarily for sex, or were they romantic partners as well?

Most of the time yes they were a friends with benefits situation. Ideally what I am looking for is someone that can hit the gym with me, go hiking, maybe even learn fencing that might be interested in "benefits" as well. However, it would be critical to be friends first for no relationship can grow without liking each other. I also find one night flings not my cup of tea.

:)

Back