How to avoid having a long post deleted when you hit "Submit"

BrigidsDaughter

Ugh, getting frustrated here. Both my posts have been eaten by the forum/ internet. I don't really want to keep writing them and have them suddenly show up in triplicate. *sighs*

Ugh, getting frustrated here. Both my posts have been eaten by the forum/ internet. I don't really want to keep writing them and have them suddenly show up in triplicate. *sighs*

whenever you write a long post, try to remember to copy it to the clip-board before you hit "submit" (heh heh :cool: ). Then if it gets lost, all you have to do is ctrl-V to get it back.

Thanks Neon, but neither of my posts were long and while I'm sure that is helpful for others, I don't feel that I should have to copy and save a 5 sentence reply just in case it doesn't show up. I was just expressing my frustration at losing it twice after an already frustrating day. If the internet won't except it 3x than obviously I wasn't meant to share.

wow that is fucked up. it never happens to me on this forum but it has happened to me on other forums where it makes you type in a CAPTCHA spam-filter thingy.

You still might wanna do it as it only takes two seconds.

Also, sometimes if you just hit the "back" button, your post will still be there and you can try it from there.

Sometimes we think a lot about what we're going to write, and even though the post isn't long, if it's been a while with no activity since logging in, we'll get timed out. So-o-o-o...

Whenever you login, be sure to check the box next to where it says "Remember me." Then, no matter how long it takes to write a post, you won't be timed out!

Yes, and (depending on your browser, maybe) you can usually go back to what you wrote when you use the "Back" button.

Whenever you login, be sure to check the box next to where it says "Remember me." Then, no matter how long it takes to write a post, you won't be timed out!

Don't forget to log out after you do this, especially if you're on a shared or public computer. Otherwise, anyone who goes to polyamory.com will be logged in as you, if you forget to sign out.

Re (from nycindie, Post #5):
"Sometimes we think a lot about what we're going to write, and even though the post isn't long, if it's been a while with no activity since logging in, we'll get timed out. So-o-o-o ...
Whenever you login, be sure to check the box next to where it says 'Remember me.' Then, no matter how long it takes to write a post, you won't be timed out!"

Just curious ... Does anyone know how long my session will last before I get timed out (if I don't check the "remember me" box)?

not long enough to reply

I would guess about 60 seconds, all I know is that before I clicked to check the "remember me" box at the login prompt nothing I wrote got posted, even a two sentence short reply. The replies on threads don't get posted, but it seemed like private messages would go through and show up in the person's inbox even though the same time out error would pop up and tell me I must be logged in to do that.

I didn't realize the private message I had sent actually did get sent until the next day when I they wrote me back.

I wouldn't try to post anything without copy and saving it first if the remember box is not checked.

Back