2 Hinges? ZigZag not Vee?

NewGurl

S is dating G and myself, all 3 of us are poly but G and I are only with S at the moment, no others. I am "dating" a mono guy and although he seems ok with me being poly ( I was upfront and honest right from the start) I don't know how to explain a zigzag (my new term) to myself or my housemate or any of the select few that know I am poly. I guess my question is does a zigzag work? Can 2 hinges work? Is 2 hinges together too stressful?

S is dating G and myself, all 3 of us are poly but G and I are only with S at the moment, no others. I am "dating" a mono guy and although he seems ok with me being poly ( I was upfront and honest right from the start) I don't know how to explain a zigzag (my new term) to myself or my housemate or any of the select few that know I am poly. I guess my question is does a zigzag work? Can 2 hinges work? Is 2 hinges together too stressful?
It's generally called N or Z, as to keep with the V. Of course it can work. Just as much as any type of relationship configuration can work. I would imagine the term explains itself, as soon as you mention that it follows the shape of the N/Z. On person and another person have a partner each, and those partners are with each other.

I don't really understand the problem. I was in an N for 1.5 years and it worked well. We had no problems with 2 hinges. I actually thought it was a really balanced situation and in some ways better than V. I'm stressing the words some ways, and this is of course just my experience. Obviously it all depends on the people involved but I just don't see how the N configuration and 2 hinges would be more stressful than a V. Would you like to ask a bit more specific questions or give examples of situations where you think it would be difficult/stressful?

Back