New and looking around

CrystaLeigh

Hi Everyone! I'm Crystal. I'm fairly new to living the poly life, but I started studying sexual psychology eight years ago while earning my degree in psychology. There's not much I don't know at least a little about, but I've been taking my time to join in until I knew myself, knew my good and bad, knew what limits I had and was willing to let go of. I'm all about challenging my mind. I think I just finally got fed up with the whole serial monogamy thing. Just doesn't work for me. So it's time to open myself up to finding a better way to meet my needs. But really? I'm so tired of disappointing wonderful people who just want the norm when that just doesn't include me. I'm dating, but single. Bisexual, but generally more comfortable with men. I'm looking for my primary, whether that is an individual or a couple.

Greetings Crystal,
Welcome to our forum.

You may find our Dating & Friendships subforum to be somewhat useful, check it out. It sounds like you've put a lot of thought and study with this before moving on to the next step.

There are a lot of good/interesting threads here, so have a look around, and post if you have any thoughts or questions to share. It's good to have you aboard, and not too far away either! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay on our site.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

welcome

New and looking around too =D

Hi my name is Brittany. My husband and i have been married for about 4 years. within the past few months we have had a 3some with one of his friends and recently with another. But this friend I seem to have started getting feelings for. I wanted to see if this was normal for women who do mmf 3somes, but i ended up finding this site. I feel that this is more than how i am feeling. I spoke to my husband about it and he said he didnt care if i had a boyfriend. I just dont want to loose my husband nor do I want to hurt anyones feelings. I just wanted to see how couples started a polyamory relationship while they were married. how did it end and how does it work when children are involved.
Also i am a christian and i feel really guilty about feeling this way. could someone help me with my situations.

much appreciated
britt

We have been poly for a while. Like any relationship it has ups and downs. The most important thing is good open communications. Keep your husbands feelings close to your heart. If he is truly comfortable with you exploring these new feelings the go slowly. Rushing just increases the risk of someone getting hurt.

As for religious concerns, we see love as a beautiful thing that could never be wrong. There will be others who will not agree with this. You need to first find your peace with this lifestyle change.

We have been poly for nearly two years. We reached a point in our relationship were our marriage that we felt very comfortable having relationships outside. We felt our marriage was solid and very stable.

As for approaching others, we chose online dating. We made sure it was clear who we were and what we were looking for.

Back