hello all!

baughb

I have been posting a bit about my history in the relationship folder, so I thought I would hop over here and do an official into.

I am currently in my first poly relationship with R. We originally met last year online, and saw eachother infrequently over the course of 6 months. He eventually confessed love for me, but then confessed that his girlfriend and him of 6+ years had been split when we had met but reconciled, but kept this from me for fear of my reaction and because of his feelings for me.

I naturally did not react positively to being deceived, and promptly ended things and communication between us. In February we reconnected and began communicating and seeing eachother as friends. R confided in me about his girlfriend A, that they had had 'girlfriends' together and invited 'playmates' into their bed in the past, but had never had separate relationships that the other wasn't involved in, and feelings had never been involved with others as well.

R also confessed that he still loved me, and insinuated a desire to see me romantically again, while remaining committed to A. I took some time to consider his request, and after a lot of thought and research (and stumbling across morethantwo.com) I decided that I was willing to try seeing R (I still had feelings for him as well).

We have been seeing eachother romantically again for almost 3 months now, and so far I would say that things are positive. We are still working through issues as they arise, and I'm sure I verbally vomit almost too much sometimes. I have not met A yet, as from my understanding she is working through some negative emotions of her own triggered by R's feelings for me, and time we have spent toghether in the past. I think that these are issues that will be resolved in time, and we are doing our best to communicate our issues.

Thanks for reading everyone!

Greetings baughb,
Welcome to our forum.

Poly is a hard thing to wrap your mind around once you first hear about it. It sounds like you have done a good job of adapting to the idea, a new relationship model.

I hope things continue to move along smoothly, and that you will get to meet A soon.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back