Dancevixen greets you.

Dancevixen

Hey all. I have been reading over my husband hyperskeptic's shoulder for a couple of weeks, too busy with other stuff to bother signing on myself. We tend to be of very like mind about most things, so I should not have been as surprised as I was to discover he is really poly after all. I have been poly for as long as I can remember, but thought it was because I was young or maybe that something was wrong with my ability to make a decision. Discovered that other people also loved more than one person in my teens, married thinking I had given up poly, only to fall in love repeatedly over the years. Sometime in the last decade, I finally had a name for the way my heart works, but lived mono till this year. My explorations have been rocky, in part because I fell in love with a guy who may be poly himself, but who failed to communicate well with his wife. We had been friends for years already, so I suggested, upon realizing they might not both be poly, we simply invest in the friendship, and stick with a safe boundary regarding what is and is not in realm of friends. He was never in love with me and we never engaged sexually, but his wife accused him of an affair anyway. The whole thing has left me tired, sad, angry. I have had my heart beaten down before and recovered, and found love spring up in me again. I am convinced the best relationships grow out of friendship, despite the recent debacle. So here I am, interested in hearing what people are experiencing, and what experienced people are saying about that. I may even have a thing or two to add. See you on a forum sometime soon.

Hey all. (snip) I am convinced the best relationships grow out of friendship,

And (it seems to me) that poly relationships are complicated by multiple lines of communication, etc. but that -- at the basis -- they're only really relationships anyway, right? If people who love build good, communicative, loving relationships, does it matter if they're one-on-one, or poly, or multi, or have no name at all. Isn't the "good relationship" part (with love) what it's all about???

Back