Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformative_justice

This gets a little fuzzy. Or a lot fuzzy.

The model, though, is already broken if the publicity makes it impossible to *not* point victim/abuser fingers here.
And anyone who asks inconvenient questions about it is obviously part of the problem.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Tax Fraud

I don’t have conclusions either way on the main issue, but the tax fraud has happened to enough other people (I know at least two) that I am perfectly content to assume it’s irrelevant to the case. It seems far more likely he’s fallen victim to this widespread fraud than that someone who sympathizes with the survivor pod has decided to pursue a life of crime specifically to mess with him.

SlowPoly • hinge in an open V • living between two homes

Mitch • life partner • co-parent • former LDR
Woof • life partner • co-parent • former spouse

Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM

I've seen enough people telling their stories - my friends - about relationships they were involved (at that time and in the past) in to never buy it at face value, as a description of reality not as a description of their feelings.

Sometimes the discrepancy, and honest at that, between what i saw with my eyes and how they retold it was staggering. And they were normal people!

Back to this stuff, nothing i read about the case convinces me that Veaux is actually a bad partner at all. Some things convince me that Rickert is really bad at looking at herself from distance and seems to be prone to mistaking her feelings for reality.

The easiest part is her reinterpretation (assuming here she was okay with it while she was with him) of her paying for his trips to see her as abuse. This is some truly malicious interpretation of reality. Trying to be a victim very hard.

I have no doubts that Rickert is/was in pain. But then, the dude that 20 years ago attacked a partner of a friend of mine and got beaten up in the process was honestly saying "how could he do that to me that was so unfair".