Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Logged on recently, and got this message in my mail:

"hi I'm enrolled in a study for money, at the local university. it's a blind test, and as a man I need to fight women who know martial arts. So I thought hey why not? but I've been four times now and I have been beaten each time! I'm so humiliated! :( Do you have any idea what this test might be about? Why would this woman study this?"

I was like...wtf? Lol so I went down the rabbit hole just to see what he'd say. I ended up telling him it was most likely a test of his masculinity and views on women that he thought he could beat them then couldn't. And maybe he should be more worried about his response to this survey than what the survey is about. I mean eventually he'd find out, and how was I supposed to know anyway? I'm not involved!

WOW.

I don't use OKC...never have...but had a FetLife account for a while and one of the reasons I stopped logging into FL was cuz of these kinda *air*"messages"*quotes*.

I guess it's good to know these people spread joy...every where?:confused:

Actually a little sad about OkC at the moment. Was having a wonderful discussion with someone, thought we might hit it off as friends (maybe more). But then her account vanished, so I'm either blocked or she just cancelled the account.

Either way, a little sad at the missed opportunity. Wondering what happened

Last edited:
She likely didn't block you or cancel her account, but deactivated it for a bit.

I try not to do this in the middle of convos, but I usually deactivate my account after a few days of OKC activity. It can be overwhelming for a woman or even "just enough" and some psychological space is needed. Also likely is that she has romantic and dating action going on already. She could be having doubts about her current BF(s) and was reminding herself that there are plenty of other good men out there. There are so many reasons that a woman would deactivate her account, but few of them have to do with you in particular. All you need to know is that for whatever reason, she was not ready to get involved - and it's much better that she got off OKC than had she continued talking/flirting with you. Yes, in a perfect world, we all explain ourselves and don't ghost on people, but humans are human. When this happens just know that she isn't ready or right for you at this time.

"You seem so cool, and I totally love theatre people... but I'm not seeing poly people anymore :)."

Back