New to poly

kiwigirl

Hi everyone,
I'm a 30 ... something ... girl from NZ who has just recently found herself in a whole new place.
I've been happily married for 7 years and with my husband for 13. Neither of us have ever considered the idea of bringing someone else into our relationship ... it just sort of happened.
My best friend, husband and I are now enjoying spending lots of time together, in and out of the bedroom.
We are getting on really well, and endeavouring to take our time with things. None of us want just threesomes ... it's about the relationships for all of us. It wasn't till another friend used the word "polyamoury" when talking to me that it sunk in.
I'm slowly getting used to the idea of sharing my husband ... and my best friend lol... and have found a fw of the articles etc linked on this site really useful.
It's great finding a whole new world of possibilities and I look forward to chatting with some of you as we embark on this enjoyable, confusing journey.

Hi Kiwi..

Enjoyable and confusing is a great way to phrase it..lol emotional might be added in there as well...

Greetings Kiwi
Welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like you are very well on your way to a happy relationship with your husband and best friend!! I do concur that it will take some getting use to but the fact that your focus is on the relationship between the three of you is awesome.
I hope that you all find the same well of happiness that others here have found.
All the best

M

Hello!

Hello Kiwigirl!

I am Jim. It's very nice to meet you, and so far, i think your story is really cool!

Many happy returns to all of you.

jim

Greetings kiwigirl,
Welcome to our forum.

I can see how things are confusing right now as this is all very new. Take it slow and try to communicate a lot along the way. I think it's just a strange idea right now because polyamory is such an unknown and unconventional concept. You really have to build your own familiarity with it.

Glad this site has been helpful so far; hope it will continue to be.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome.
It's Sunday night in nz and hard to come back to the reality of kids, jobs and life after a wonderful weekend of N (our girl) finally committing to the idea that a relationship with j and I, albeit a bit different, isnt too weird. She has struggled with the idea more than I have but is now in, fully committed and my god does it feel amazing.
Am on a bit of a cloud at the moment (yay for new relationship emotions) and I really want to share with the world. Just unfortunate that the world isnt quite there yet.

Alas, no, the world is not there yet. But Polyamory.com is! Yay for your new poly relationship with N!

new

I have recently had a discussion with my wife and it turned to replacing our manogamous relationship into an open one. I am not closed to the idea but have alot of questions. We live in a small town and rumours spread fast. Any advise from the community is appreciated. My questions are numerous.

Hi perked,

I advise starting a new thread in the Poly Relationships Corner or General Poly Discussions board. If you post a link to that thread here, I will follow it.

Polyamorists can't always conduct their relationships in public. You will have to make your own decision as to whether you can live with the fallout.

Back