Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 03:15 AM

I am getting the hang of this free time malarky. I did a lot of bits and pieces this morning and then read all afternoon. I am binge reading The Expanse series and finally got The Churn ( Amos novella ) today, flew through that and went back to my other book. I am expecting Abbadon's Gate tomorrow. I love the library, every place I have lived I have joined the local library and the digital library is great for grabbing something at the weekend or waiting for a book on order. I then did a bunch of research for the up-coming vacation which I really enjoyed.

Mr PoD: We talked on the phone after having yet another weird text conversation. He keeps telling me I am smart but act like an idiot ( often true ) He is always right. He thinks about things and comes to a conclusion and there is no room for argument, because he is always right. The light went on for me after I had taken a few minutes to think over the pone call. Very insecure person who needs his ego stroked on a regular basis and feels better about himself by passing out back handed insult/compliments.

As we are not likely to see each other for the next few weeks, the odds of him driving to see me are nil, I think it will be fine to do the fade away. My recent attempts to end things nicely with people has too often resulted in the "But I'm a nice guy," text rants and that is a bit scary, best to let him break up with me. I am an idiot with a low E.Q. so he is way better off without me.
Mr Dom: early 50s . Ex BF and now good friend.
Mr Six: early 50s. FWB for 3+ years.
Mr Chef: late 30s. occasional FB?

Last edited by Atlantis; 07-09-2018 at 04:28 AM. Reason: too much sarcasm
Old 07-10-2018, 06:40 PM

Seeing Eeyore tonight. I should really give him another name. I am not good at the names and that is one a friend came up a couple of years ago and it stuck in my head. Mr Six. We see each other about every 6 weeks or according to his reckoning. I think we have been seeing each other almost 4 years at this point. We catch up, eat and have sex and he goes home. Works out just fine.

Quite a lot of chat and planning with Prof. The usual Wednesday will be happening tomorrow. He said he will need to stay up late and work, as if I have ever tried to stop him working and as if I ever stay up late

I have been doing quite a few Bumble chats, and that's what they mostly are, chat. I now unmatch anyone who doesn't at least the raise the possibility of meeting within the first few days.

Apart from that, lots of physical activity, yesterday was gym and bike ride. Still picking away at the house stuff. I pulled all the screens off and washed as much window as I could reach without leaning out and not standing on step ladders or chairs. I currently have no health insurance which is scary as fuck. I have read up on retroactive COBRA so will complete the paperwork and have it ready to mail if we need it. It costs over $2k a month, which I don't have just sitting around, so fingers crossed no one does anything stupid.

I am looking forward to the kids being back and then complaining that I am exhausted.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:03 PM

I changed Eeyore's name in my sig to Mr Six.
We had a very nice evening, same format as we usually have, small plates, a couple of drinks, lots of chat and some really good hard fucking. He has the hair pulling totally down to a fine art. There was some choking too, which I love. He is very firm and physical, strong movements and lots of position changes. He says he only does this style of sex with me, so I appreciate that he goes outside of his box.
After I finished work almost 2 weeks ago now, I deleted my work email account from my phone, not realizing that it contained most of my phone contacts. It had been closed down by work and kept flashing up annoying "enter your password" notifications. My phone has been a mess ever since. I have tried a number of tips and tricks to get the contact names back but they seem to be gone. The upshot is I will have to manually write down the numbers from text messages and create a new list of contacts. Apparently, while messing with settings and doing various resets, I turned of my voicemail and various other notifications. Yesterday I came across a bunch of voicemail messages that I hadn't seen or played. I am that person who says their phone is messed up and means it.
I thought Mr Dom had fallen off the face of the planet, and there were 2 phone calls from him that I had missed. We had a good chat yesterday, he says the night shift is killing him and he is really struggling to get anything done and feels permanently wiped out. He apologized for not being his usual chatty self but spends most of his days off sleeping and feeling out of sorts. He is applying for other jobs.
Not long till the kids come back! I feel a bit bad that they are coming back and 3 hours later I'll be leaving for the comedy show with my ex-work friends. But we will have a whole 3 weeks together to drive each other nuts
Heading to Prof's sometime today after the gym and various house items. I pulled all the curtains yesterday and hung them back up straight out of the washer. They dried in no time due to the heat, exciting stuff, eh?

Last edited by Atlantis; 07-11-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:59 PM

Prof can't make it in the road trip, not a big surprise, as I knew there was a lot of work stuff coming up. We may just have 2 of us vacation in August. We will see. Money is an issue. I need to book plane tickets for a wedding and of course flying at the weekend is always more expensive.
Prof and I were jokingly talking about kids and retirement. - My kids plan to have me live with them and take of their 1 million babies! When we play "Game of Life" I always skip the "having children" track and they put 2 kids in my plastic car anyway It is a joke, please don't think they take it anyway but a joke. - So I said to Prof I'll end up with my kids for retirement and they currently seem keen on the idea ( give them another 20 years and it will be different ) he said his kids would never offer to take him. I think that is sad but true. He doesn't have a good relationship with either of them. It very much reinforces my plan to downgrade work for at least the next few years. I negotiated for money for time in my new job. Mr Six is allowed to take off whatever time he wants in his job, there is no vacation or sick time. As long as he gets whatever he need to get done, done then he can take time off. When I went out with Mr Six the other night he said he had never been with me when I wasn't also working on my phone at the same time. Pretty sad.

Mr Chef popped up again, the ongoing medical stuff is a challenge.

I have made my Bumble account " not public" as I am not willing to pay for the sitter for first dates. I did offer to do that for Mr PoD and the one bumble guy I have been talking too, but I don't either of them will actually try to schedule.

Off to the comedy show tonight with my work friends. It all looked fairly cheap till you factor in baby sitter costs. argh.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:21 AM

The comedy show night was great, well known comedian in a beautiful venue.

Last edited by Atlantis; 07-15-2018 at 04:54 AM.