Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Press and media coverage

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 01:01 AM

Smile Poly coming out stories wanted for new york magazine

Hi there! I'm a senior writer at New York magazine and I'm working on a piece about "poly coming out stories..."

The plan is a round up of the way that people's parents/caregivers react when their (adult!) children tell them that they're in poly relationships.. i'd love to survey a range of reactions and themes related to coming out -- a mini survey of how parents "digest" this information as well as the emotions attached to coming out..I'm mostly curious to hear about your experience, how you told them and what their reaction was, and any reflections you have. If you are keen to participate we can either jump on the phone or we can chat by email or chat, I avery flexible (as long as we can talk or email by Friday June 29...)
My aim is an insightful piece that doesn't sensationalize or distort, and it will be told in your words :-)

Please contact me anytime with questions! You can message me here or at alexa.reay@nymag.com. Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear back
Old 06-26-2018, 01:08 AM
Official Greeter

I can't be of much help, I haven't come out. Hopefully others who have will respond.