The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Heat index of 105 for the week. Air quality at Orange level, meaning I can't leave the house. Even sitting in the central air I am having a hard time breathing. Karma is out with friends and for once I want to leave the house and can't.

So I cleaned the house instead. Over did it as usual. Stacked all Karmas stuff in the corner. Sick of it over running my living room.

Nothing else really exciting going on.

Tired, starting to run out of steam.... the finish line is Sunday. Then my guys hop in our car (which will, hopefully, have it's transmission rebuilt by then) and head to Ragnarok and I will be joining them on Wednesday.

Been out of town for a week and seriously missing my husband and kids. I'm really glad to be going home tomorrow morning. One kid is already gone for a week, so I don't get to see him for another week. :( I'm seriously bummed out about it, but since I was the one that made the arrangements, I can't feel too bad. :p

Time with my SIL was awesome and very necessary for both of us. Lots of girl time.

Wondering if humanity's honesty has really gone far as to be close to non-extistent?

I got too much change back from a restaurant bill, flagged the waitress to let her know and give back the extra. She was surprised because I WAS honest about it! Come on! It was $10 extra! How can someone NOT give that back?

Today marks one month since Burnsy first contacted me on OKC. We started a regular dialogue a few days later and have been in touch every single day since then - unheard of for me! I usually like me my space, but he is really... exceptional. Last night he and I confirmed a date to meet in person for the first time. Before he bought his bus tickets, he texted me: "Am I staying overnight?" Gulp. So, now we have a day and night planned together.

I am officially nervous.

Last edited:
I'm doing okay; a little tired and a little lonely. Runic Wolf and Wendigo left this morning for Ragnarok and although I will be joining them on Wednesday I miss them tons already. I am still waiting to hear if they made it there safely and tried to distract myself with a visit to my parents, but they weren't going to be home. I don't know how I'm going to sleep in my bed alone tonight. It has been just about 2 years since I slept alone last.

Baby's sick, so Momma's not getting any sleep. He's congested and can't sleep laying down or he gets to coughing. So Grandma's been stepping in to help so Mommy can sleep here and there. Now Grandma has it too and feels like shit. Slept 11am-3pm this afternoon. Haven't done my homework. Can't think straight, throat hurts. Supposed to babysit tomorrow. I feel like shit and I feel overwhelmed.

To top it all off, Friday night Maca texted that we needed to talk about a "settlement" regarding our marriage. He wants to end the marriage. Still wants a list of things, but no moving back in, no commitment, no marriage. He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG." Ironically, that friend knows better. I don't NEED space, I need acceptance.

But, welcome 12 steps. I'm accepting that which isn't mine to change (his mind). :(

baby's sick, so momma's not getting any sleep. He's congested and can't sleep laying down or he gts to coughing.
SO, grandma's been stepping in to help so mommy can sleep here and there. Now grandma has it too and feels like shit. Slept til 11am-3pm this afternoon.
Haven't done my homework. Can't think straight, throat hurts.
Supposed to babysit tomorrow...

I caught a cold from the twins I sit for too, LR. Started coughing today, took a long nap too. Darn kids!

I feel like shit and I feel overwhelmed.

To top it all off;

Friday night Maca texted that we needed to talk about a "settlement" regarding our marriage. He wants to end the marriage. Still wants a list of things; but no moving back in, no commitment, no marriage.
He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG." Ironically, that friend-knows better. I don't NEED space, I need acceptance.

But-welcome 12 steps..... I'm accepting that which isn't mine to change (his mind). :(

He just can't get over the cheating. It blindsided him and it seems to be a dealbreaker. Or so it seems to me.

He just can't get over the cheating. It blindsided him and it seems to be a dealbreaker. Or so it seems to me.

Double-standard dealbreaker, but yeah, that's the gist of it. Can't imagine how he's going to manage with the girlfriend, who is currently cheating on one SO with not only him, but also another couple. Shrug. Not my problem, not my business, not my deal.

On a side note, being a grandma is really good at teaching you what IS your business and what is NOT your business when it comes to loved ones. ;)

I'm getting SOOOOO good at, "Oh, I don't know. You'll have to ask his mommy about that." Said with a confused smile. :) Makes the daughter laugh.

He appears to be utterly baffled by my devastation and has told at least one of my friends that he's "just doing this for LR, giving her the space she needs to have a real relationship with GG."
Whaaaa??? Of course you're devastated!

Real relationship with GG? But it's real now. How is this going to make it suddenly real? What is the logic here? He has a gf, can't he abide by you having GG as well as Maca in your life? Maca's staying married to you doesn't mean the relationship with GG isn't real. And having GG in your life doesn't mean your marriage to Maca is less than or not "real."

I'm just blurting out what comes to mind. I know you know these things. Where is he? Can I go shake him? :/

Sorry to hear this is happening, but at least he wants to talk. Maybe you can convey to him somehow that this is not what you want and there can be a way to stay together. It seems like you are both doing so well living apart, you can still be married and have such an arrangement.

Last edited:
When did it move to PA?

Hope you guys have a good time. I am so glad darkon only does weekend campouts. Karma has wanted to go to rag but that requires money and me being okay with him being gone that long :)

I'm not sure. I'm part of a unit that fights for Winterfell in NY. Rag was in PA last year, but none of my unit was part of Dag before that. Thankfully we already do the weekends for Kingdoms of Novitas and most of us already had garb. Runic Wolf and Wendigo have a couple others who carpooled with them, but I'm driving down by myself.

As of half an hour ago, I am officially a probationary member of a new unit in Darkon! I'v been a "nomad" for a while now, after the group of us split from the country J and I founded. I've had lots of offers, but I didn't want to jump into anything right off the bat - and I'm glad I didn't :) Carcosa, the new country, is pretty much made up of friends of mine that I've known for a few years, or new people that I like already.

Time to go drinking with my new countrymates :D

I had a great weekend with the island crowd. It was really good to see Derby, II, RP, PN, Mono and the crowd. Was really good catching up. Had an absolute blast at the Friday burlesque show. The BBQ yesterday was a perfect one to get the summer started. (It was my first of the year.)

Thanks to Derby and II for being great hosts and putting up with two guests. See everyone in a few weeks.

As usual, it's heartwarming to see the realization of poly. It really puts things in perspective when you see poly just being what it is, a bunch of good relationships. :)

Back