Color Coding?

hyperskeptic

Okay, I give up. Why is it some user names now appear in green, where before they were only either blue or red? My username is among those that shows up green, and it's not that easy . . .

No. I won't go there.

This started only today, regardless of the platform from which I access the forum.

Last edited:
I noticed it too and pm'd one of the moderators about it earlier. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with how many posts a person has either.

Yeah, I was looking for the pattern. "New members" seem to be uniformly blue; "banned" folk are uniformly red; but green follows no such pattern: some "senior members" are blue, some "members" are green.

I wondered if it has to do with recent activity. I've been posting a lot, lately, and so may have turned green from the simple exhaustion of it . . .

I need to lie down, now.

Oops, there goes that hypothesis!

I just found a new member, with 0 posts, whose name appears green.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Shhhhhhhh

:eek:

They are watching you. Green is only a color trying to soothe your suspicions. (that's why I write in Green)

10032_Big_Brother_Is_Watching.jpg

Just Me,
Tim

It probably means that you are logged in and active on the forum. Logout (or change your preferences in User CP to hide when you are logged in) and then look at a post with your name and see what color it is. Prob. matches the little "light" button next to the name. Doesn't explain why it started happening all of a sudden, but that's my guess. Maybe the long-anticipated upgrades to the forum software are actually happening?

Last edited:
It probably means that you are logged in and active on the forum. Logout (or change your preferences in User CP to hide when you are logged in) and then look at a post with your name and see what color it is. Prob. matches the little "light" button next to the name.

A worthy experiment, but there are puzzles.

In the list of who is logged in at the moment, some names appear blue, some green. When I switch to "Invisible Mode," my name still appears green, but with an asterisk in the "who's on" list, and with a red dot when I look at my forum posts.

The pattern remains elusive.

Continue the inquiry!

(Or wait for The Powers to tell us the answer. Either way.)

Doesn't match the "indicator light"... I noticed the change to green as well, but figured the powers that be had updated something in the forum SW. <cue Twilight Zone music...>

Will we get our blue back? Sniffle ... sad puppy face, quivering lower lip, etc.

Ahhh, I got my blue back. Feels so nice. (Hopefully this means I'm not jealous anymore. :))

Hot pink?? Nooooo ...

Did it ever really happen? Do only some of us remember...?
o_O

Nothing happened ... You're experiencing an artificial memory ... Pay it no mind ...

"It isn't easy, being green ..."

Iirc, there is an orange or yellow too for the "probation" group.

Nothing happened ... You're experiencing an artificial memory ... Pay it no mind ...

"It isn't easy, being green ..."

But... but... I KNOW it happened! It's real! It's... it's...

<blink>

Mommy?

:)

Orange or yellow for the probation group? Nooooo ...

If someone becomes incarcerated, will their username become striped? ;)

Lol I like the green :D

:)

Orange or yellow for the probation group? Nooooo ...

If someone becomes incarcerated, will their username become striped? ;)

Their names could be greyed-out like menu items in software applications sometimes are.

Back