We're new here!!!!

TL4everu2

Hey people. My wife, Liz, and I are new to this whole world or Polyamory so to speak. Well, maybe not "new" as you would think. We have had numerous swinging experiences in the past, but our past relationships were never just for "sport sex". You see, we always find ourselves finding one couple or one guy or girl which we become attached to emotionally. We used to think of ourselves as "swingers", but as we matured, we realized that we are not "swingers". With the last couple, we told them about this, and they immediately put us on ignore. :( We really were falling for them too. It has been such a roller coaster ride. We get confused and don't know how to handle certain situations. We try to communicate with the others....but it seems to drive them further away...

So now, we have found ourselves here. Looking for like minded people who know already going in, what they are looking for, and are aware that we are poly. We are going to a gathering here in the Tampa area on Sunday. We are going in with open minds and hopefully we will see some like minded people who will help us through all this.

Anyway, enough crybabying for us for now. Hope everyone has a good day despite my gloomy intro. :eek:

Welcome to the forum.

Based on what you have said, it does seem that polyamory is a better relationship configuration for you than swinging. I hope you find what you seek, both here and at the get-together.

I very much like the face-to-face get-togethers as a social thing - putting face and voices to names. Turns it more... human, somehow.

You see, we always find ourselves finding one couple or one guy or girl which we become attached to emotionally. We used to think of ourselves as "swingers", but as we matured, we realized that we are not "swingers".

Yeppers - them damn gateway drugs (lifestyles) git ya every time !
Call the feds - quick !

GS

OH - and welcome and enjoy :)

LOL @ gateway drugs! :D We are going to an actual "poly" meeting on Sunday here in Tampa. The best way to enjoy yourself, we have found, is to surround yourself with like minded people.

Welcome to the group and enjoy the meeting! I found "in person" groups a great plus. I joined one in Jacksonville, when I lived in that area, and now that i relocated to Michigan, I am seeking another group.

Foxflame88, Wish we were in Michigan. :D Your hair looks beautiful in your pic. What part of Michigan? Tim used to go there every year to the UP by Frankfurt.

I am in the Detroit area.....

Oh. Thats cool. Kinda cool there still huh? It's super nice here in Tampa. LOL If you ever make it to Tampa, let us know.

I have family in the Tampa area, so I'll keep that in mind. :) Yes, still cool here, but it is soooooo nice!

Ok, we went to our meeting/gathering here in the tampa area Sunday night. It was interesting to say the least. But what made it so nice, was that the person in charge of the whole thing, was someone we alreayd knew! In fact, we've slept with his wife! LOL He was EXTREMELY cool and gently eased us into the group and the conversation. We actually participated and got some answers to certain questions we had. All in all, a VERY successful meeting. We will DEFINATLY go back again.

New in Jax

Hello everyone,

We are new to this, and living in Jacksonville, FL.

We are a married couple (44 and 42 yrs old) and hoping to meet our new girlfriend soon, in the Northeast Florida area.

We really don't know where to start, though?

We would love to get invloved with a local group.

Jon & Paula

Back