Tomorrow could be exciting.

TheBlackSwede

Met a lovely young lady on OKC, we've been chatting and talking on the phone for weeks now, and we're really into each other... I'm getting twinges of NRE already here, and we haven't met face-to-face yet! Tomorrow we're meeting finally (took awhile to get together because of scheduling issues - she works a lot, and I was juggling holidays, etc).

My wife has even expressed an interest in meeting her, and possibly exploring a triad (something that new gal has expressed an interest in as well)... I'm not getting my hopes up for that, because I know it's just an incredibly rare thing, but who knows? If I get even a fraction of the good vibes in person that I've been getting on the phone, this could be very, very exciting... wish me luck folks! :)

Good luck, sounds like a lot of fun. =] Tell us how it goes?

Well, it didn't happen. Not sure if she's stringing me along, or if there's just circumstantial hiccups going on here. Frankly, I have no idea why someone WOULD string me along, there doesn't seem to be any possible benefit from it.

Sigh.

That's unfortunate to hear. What reason did she give for it not happening?

First some backstory. The first night we started chatting, we were supposed to meet for dinner and drinks, but she got stuck at work, and it kept geting later and later, eventually she said she had to bail because she had a very early flight the next day and it was just too late. The next time she was going to meet me, she said she got stuck at work. This time, we were initially supposed to get together around lunchtime, at about 1:30 said she was going to run and shower then text me. I didn't get a text from her until after 5 PM - she said she sent me a text hours before but I didn't get one. She blames her phone, and I'm dubious. Then she said she'd come by after she dropped her nephews off at 7:30 - I didn't hear from her until after 11, when she called to say she had a big fight with her sister and her sister's husband. She sounded genuinely upset, crying. We talked for a bit, but that was all. Regardless of what she's actually dealing with, I feel strung-along, which is such a bummer because I do genuinely like this person. I said before I wasn't getting my hopes up, well, now they're even lower. I'm going to leave the ball in her court; if she really likes me and wants to meet me, she'll show a little effort. If not, then it ain't worth troubling myself over.

Yeah, I'd be skeptical too. It does sound a lot like stringing along. But don't let paranoia get hold of you. It might just be huge coincidence. I think leaving the ball in her court is certainly a good idea. That way, you don't have anything to mess up and can't get hurt too bad if she never plans anything compared to you making all the plans and her never going by them. I'm sure you'll meet someone who doesn't have a lot of problems going on and will have a lot of time to be with you though.

Well, I can always hope for that... so far there hasn't exactly been a line outside my door, but who knows? N, the first lady I hung out with when I was out of town was really cool, and we've stayed in touch... Dunno if we'll just be friends, or friends and lovers when we return to the west coast, but we'll find out eventually, I guess.

You've had more poly opportunity than me. =P I'm still new to the whole thing and single at the moment. Things just take time and work to find. =] Do tell me how it goes with N on the west coat though.

I'm going to leave the ball in her court; if she really likes me and wants to meet me, she'll show a little effort. If not, then it ain't worth troubling myself over.
Actually, I agree. I am always skeptical of meeting people online. There is always the chance that someone is excited about the anonymous aspect of it and can really get into chats, messages, or phone calls but then chickens out when it's time to meet face-to-face. I feel it is impractical to get your hopes up too much or start imagining a future before you see the real person live and in the flesh. So, yeah, if she contacts you again, I would think it prudent to express your doubts and gauge her response. Then see how you feel about making arrangements and act accordingly, without hanging too much hope on it.

First some backstory. The first night we started chatting, we were supposed to meet for dinner and drinks, but she got stuck at work, and it kept geting later and later, eventually she said she had to bail because she had a very early flight the next day and it was just too late. The next time she was going to meet me, she said she got stuck at work. This time, we were initially supposed to get together around lunchtime, at about 1:30 said she was going to run and shower then text me. I didn't get a text from her until after 5 PM - she said she sent me a text hours before but I didn't get one. She blames her phone, and I'm dubious. Then she said she'd come by after she dropped her nephews off at 7:30 - I didn't hear from her until after 11, when she called to say she had a big fight with her sister and her sister's husband. She sounded genuinely upset, crying. We talked for a bit, but that was all. Regardless of what she's actually dealing with, I feel strung-along, which is such a bummer because I do genuinely like this person. I said before I wasn't getting my hopes up, well, now they're even lower. I'm going to leave the ball in her court; if she really likes me and wants to meet me, she'll show a little effort. If not, then it ain't worth troubling myself over.
Sorry my friend, but she is either fucking with you or she is completely unreliable, and really? Do you want that from a poly situation? It's just not going to add up to fun times... more like a nightmare. She doesn't seem to have what it takes to be in a poly dynamic. I wouldn't be wasting my time anymore if I were in your shoes. Go put your energy elsewhere I say.

Well, it's been nearly a week, and not a word from the gal. Obviously she must have been stringing me along for whatever reason - I'm a patient guy, so it's probably easy to do, but I'm not made of time.

Bummed it turned out this way, I need to work on not getting my hopes up.

Well, it's been nearly a week, and not a word from the gal. Obviously she must have been stringing me along for whatever reason - I'm a patient guy, so it's probably easy to do, but I'm not made of time.

Bummed it turned out this way, I need to work on not getting my hopes up.
:(

Argh, sorry it didn't work out SS. Sometimes I hate people! You sure have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a Prince/ss.

Back