New and learning!

FragileKaos

I am very new to the poly lifestyle. My boyfriend and I have been living together for over a year and were together for a while before that. We have an amazing relationship! We are looking to open our relationship to other partners as we are both bi. He was been in a poly relationship with his ex wife and it turned out very badly since she was just selfish about everything. I do believe we will be successful with it. Any advice is appreciated and I am hoping to make many friends :)

Hi FragileKaos,
Welcome to our forum.

Make sure you and your boyfriend communicate a lot, not just going through the motions, but really developing skills for communicating more deeply, thoroughly, and candidly. Also, spend some time looking around at the various threads here, and ask questions when they arise.

I believe you'll make many friends here. Glad to have you aboard.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

@kdt26417 Thanks for the advice! My boyfriend and I have great communication skills. We have the most open and honest relationship that I've ever been in. There are no secrets between us at all. We share everything. When either of us get the least bit upset, the other can tell. And the problems have never been with the other, we have been together for a long time and have never had so much as a disagreement between us.

Damn, that's pretty awesome. You have the most important ingredient for making any poly relationship work. Wishing you the very best, and don't hesitate to post any thoughts, questions, or concerns.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back