Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-06-2018, 11:42 PM

Default Hello :)

Hello All,

I am 53, married for 29 years and in a polyamorous relationship for the last 2.5 years. I don't know if my situation is unusual because I am middle-aged and also because my relationship with my boyfriend is limited to online, telephone and occasional video conference.

My husband is well aware of my boyfriend and is fond of him as far as that goes. The decision for me to have a boyfriend is a mutual one between my husband and I because it benefits both of us and the health of our marriage. My husband is monogamous and has no interest in another partner.

Glad to have found this forum and looking forward to meeting others.

Chameleon

PS: Apologies for the choppiness of this introduction; I loathe writing these things. :/
Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Chameleonxanth,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like your boyfriend is an LDR? If so I have to sympathize, LDR's are hard (even in a poly situation). It sounds like your husband is quite cool and supportive about the whole thing, that is good to hear. I hope you'll keep reading and posting on Polyamory.com, and I think you'll be able to make friends here. We're a nutty but friendly bunch,

Welcome!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Default Thank you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Greetings Chameleonxanth,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like your boyfriend is an LDR? If so I have to sympathize, LDR's are hard (even in a poly situation). It sounds like your husband is quite cool and supportive about the whole thing, that is good to hear. I hope you'll keep reading and posting on Polyamory.com, and I think you'll be able to make friends here. We're a nutty but friendly bunch,

Welcome!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you so much for the welcome.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Hi Chameleon - and welcome to the Forum! We will look forward to hearing more of your story. We do have a good number of experienced poly folks here so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and questions for discussion. The Poly Relationships Corner and General Poly Discussion sections are quite active.

And there are a few other "middle aged" folks here as well - myself most certainly included. Several of us have LDR's as well - again, myself included. They can be challenging. Have you met your boyfriend in person previously - or plan to in the future? Will you husband be ok with that as well?

Best of luck on your journey! Al
Bouncingbetty: ldr girlfriend to Al99, poly, pansexual female, early 30's
Ben: Becky's medium-ldr bf, heterosexual male, 40's

My Introductory Post - An Unexpected Introduction to Poly.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:10 PM

Default Thank you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al99 View Post
Hi Chameleon - and welcome to the Forum! We will look forward to hearing more of your story. We do have a good number of experienced poly folks here so please do not hesitate to share your thoughts and questions for discussion. The Poly Relationships Corner and General Poly Discussion sections are quite active.

And there are a few other "middle aged" folks here as well - myself most certainly included. Several of us have LDR's as well - again, myself included. They can be challenging. Have you met your boyfriend in person previously - or plan to in the future? Will you husband be ok with that as well?

Best of luck on your journey! Al

Hello Al and thank you for the welcome and much-appreciated advice. I will check out the forums you've mentioned.

I have not met my ldr boyfriend and honestly, do not know if that will happen in the future. I think I'd like it to, but with params., which is probably a discussion for another board.

My husband has said he would be okay with that, again params. sort of... another board.

I very much appreciate the welcome and look forward to getting to know everyone.