Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-30-2017, 02:52 PM

Well, all of that may be relevant. I guess I won't know until things play out, I suppose. The cleaning isn't really a D/s thing at all. Anymore than messaging DarkKnight and telling him to take out the trash tonight, or when I was vacuuming PunkRock's bedroom. Maybe SirGawain's subby side responds to me telling him what to do, but honestly, even WarMan and I had this sort of dynamic - when I started seeing him, his living room was a "man cave workshop" and he asked me to make it more a place I would feel comfortable. I helped pick out the sheets to his bed, for example.

Right now I am good where SirGawain and I are at. It's interesting how I feel - it's been an easy thing so far. I don't feel pressure or anxiety with a relationship escalator. I'm overall happy with how we are progressing.

Gah - I will write more later. Gotta run to PetSmart with foster cats.

Me, center of a MFM V-shaped polycule (40F)
Wife to DarkKnight (42M) & PunkRockAwesomesauce (44M)
Girlfriend to SirGawain (40M) & CornFlower (38M)
Old 10-01-2017, 04:30 PM

On Friday afternoon, PunkRock and I went to the shelter and brought home 12 foster cats. No, that is not a typo. The shelter has 18 cages for kitten intake, and all were full, and in many cases, doubled up with litters. Also, the adoption floor cages were completely full as well. So, we took home two older cats - Dusty and Poncho - who we stuck in DarkKnight's bedroom, and 10 kittens, who were from different litters.

On Saturday morning I took Dusty and Poncho to the vet first thing, as they needed rabies shots and microchips. Then, I turned around and took them over to PetSmart, to an adoption event. I was pressed into service to facilitate an adoption, and then that evening when I came back to pick them up, I processed three more adoptions! The good news is that two of those were for these boys, so they ended up going home to new families. <3 Poncho is on top in this photo, Dusty is on the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...dGsbonxxLtBcqt

The 10 kittens are now living in my daughter's old bedroom, and it's a complete clusterfuck, for the most part. The trimwork isn't up on the closet space where PunkRock put down linoleum, and we desperately need shelving in there to store donations. We didn't expect to get so many babies all at once, so I've put out a call for help, and so far we've been steadily getting promises and purchases dropped off. Thank goodness!

Let's see - Dobby is a single black kitten who is 10 weeks old that we brought in because she was desperate to go with us. She was separated that day from her mom and siblings, and she had never been alone before. As the runt of the litter, she hadn't grown very much, and when everyone else was big enough to be fixed, she didn't make the cut. So, we bunched her in with the other kittens we took, and she is so very happy! We actually have a potential home for her already, once she gains some weight and gets back on her shot schedule. Here she is with DarkKnight.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...hfWkAqISBnwDxj

Then we have a litter of 3 brothers, all orange/cream. Two are like twins, so we named them Fred & George, and with them is Ron. The night they came home, we noticed that Ron was limping, and since then, George also somehow injured his paw. We're keeping an eye on all of them. This is Fred, who cries a lot and demands that I love him, always:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...TZalbQPutxUWuG

Ron:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...ltmDTKwSRVzUVX

The rest of the kittens are from a group of six. They had a feral mom, and they came to us extremely hissy and growling a lot. A friend made some pouches for us to wear around, and with those and after being tucked inside hoodies for a few hours, things have improved. This is Harry:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...jfO8nm3z0dPzTX

Ginny:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...YeOXbGRCl2H14m

Molly is the most frightened. This morning was the first time she would venture far from her crate:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...aZDJk1Q9hGbQJL

We also have Luna, Hermione, and this little boy named Bob:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...CdHC8SXULMxszb

Old 10-01-2017, 04:35 PM

Pictures of our kitten room!

From the bottom - Harry, Ginny and Hermione. We had to add a litter box along this wall, because one of the kittens decided it liked it for a toilet, and then several others agreed. Sigh. So, we put in another box there:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...wL2ccSRNGnf6sd

Litter area, setup in the closet:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...CZVC4b5IcPEh8F

Closeup:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...qhfwrJk2vJlYJG

Side view:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...zd1UoqgJfvNoMi

Feeding corner:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...ihWwFIKTqBtACj

Old 10-04-2017, 04:57 PM

I was driving home from a lunch out on Monday, and out of nowhere, my dental implant fell into my lap. I pulled over, got on the phone and demanded an immediate appointment. A regular dentist glued it back into place but recommended I not eat anything on that side of my mouth until the orthodontist had time to see me. You can imagine the distress I was going through! I went home and took a Valium because I was really out of sorts and crazy.

Well, thankfully PunkRock had Tuesday off, and the orthodontist called me in to a meeting yesterday afternoon. PunkRock came for moral support because I wasn't supposed to be medicated for the visit. The orthodontist apologized a million times, since you know, I've now been seeing her for at least three years over this same bullshit. Anyway, the end result is now that they are going to have me see a different oral surgeon, who will remove the entire implant, and put in a completely different one, at no charge. She also refunded me my $1000+ charge for the original implant. She had a check ready to go.

This mollified me a great deal, but honestly, this is all the very least they could do after all of the trauma and insanity that I have gone through. Not to mention the pain! I now have an initial appointment set up with the oral surgeon on next Wednesday, and I am supposed to go unmedicated to that, as it too will just be a discussion appointment. I am nervous about how long this entire process will be, how painful, and if it is even possible - the reason I had the type of implant I got currently is because there wasn't much room because of existing roots in the area.

Gah!

Old 10-06-2017, 02:57 AM

Crazy days! I didn't spend the night with SirGawain as normal on Tuesday night because of the dental nonsense, plus I had a friend arriving with donations for my kittens on Wednesday morning. We are still having stuff trickle in and every little thing has been much needed and appreciated, that's for sure. It's amazing how much these babies run through! I mean, a 24 pack of wet kitten food doesn't even last a week!

I'm not sure what kittens I showed previously, but here are Luna and Ginny!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...dp6I5t4KWcC2uf

SirGawain came over on Wednesday during the day instead, and went all around with me to run errands. I'd gotten my period anyway, but I still apologized as being the lamest date ever. I had so much to do however, and apparently he didn't mind. We did finally go hunting for dinosaurs, but Home Depot had sold out of the Triceratops I wanted, so we went home empty handed on that search. (PunkRock got a delivery in today and brought me home one! Here they are with my skeleton cats on my patio!)

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...U9DmIkEwuHZquV

It was nice to spend time together, and we went to dinner last night to my favorite restaurant - the Mango Grill - and had Indian food with DarkKnight. Both DarkKnight and PunkRock have been sick, but DarkKnight was feeling ok enough to go out. PunkRock though, was pretty wiped after work, so he stayed home and slept so he wouldn't have to miss any work for being ill.

I made out on the couch with SirGawain a little bit but he soon went home.

Today I woke up and took care of my kitten farm, and then I had a kiddo coming in early for extra help. Did two back to back lab classes (burning metal ions) and then my daughter showed up and wanted me to run errands with her. I got another payment from a parent, so I had to deposit that, and then mail my son's rent check for the month. I went to Walmart where my daughter got herself a microwave - and I bought some odds and ends.

After the shopping I made it home in time to watch an episode of House of Cards (I'm on the last season) and then at 6 pm, I woke up DarkKnight as he had taken a nap after work. He's working tomorrow at 2:30 am! Anyway, I went down to wake up PunkRock and he was already up and moving. I ordered pizza and then our two friends arrived to play Call of Cthulhu.

Then, after the game, I took care of my kittens once again, and now I'm in bed.

Check out these little buggers sleeping - Bob and Molly:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...Vfs06XiAK3MKpd

Tomorrow I have to do some more shopping and pay some bills. I am going to be as lazy as possible - that's the plan, anyway! I think I may be staying over at SirGawain's on Saturday. We will see.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 PM

So much for being lazy! I spent 2 hours in the morning, cleaning the kitten room. OMG these little fuckers can make such a mess! Afterward, I did some budgeting and then got dressed and went out to do some shopping. I took some of my donations over to the shelter, as they needed some of the stuff more than I do at this point. Then I went to the Home Depot and made some purchases - I bought the trim for the floor and the closet section of the kitten room, as well as a...I don't know what it is called. lol It screws into a light fixture and it has an outlet. We're going to get an air purifier for the kitten room, and we figured that an outlet up by the ceiling will keep the animals off the cord!

I then went to Walmart and bought some new litter pans, some litter, some safety outlet plugs and more kitten-related paraphernalia, including a garbage can to keep in their room, just for litter scoops. I mean, I am scooping litter 3 times a day, and wiping down the floor at least that many times, and it's a pain to have to keep running bags out to the kitchen trash. I figure with this can in the room, we can empty it every evening.

Now I am waiting for a friend to come over and help me snuggle some of these babies!

Old 10-09-2017, 03:09 PM

I had a good time on Saturday with SirGawain. Sexually, things seem to still be going really well between us. We get along outside and inside of the bedroom. Sunday I had a lot going on and PunkRock surprised me with wanting to go see the new Bladerunner early, though we had planned a trip to the movies this coming Saturday to see it. DarkKnight was working, so he and I will go and catch it later this week.

The kittens are still doing great. PunkRock did some work in their room this weekend, and we now have a sweep under the door to separate our cats noses from the babies! He also tied up all the blind cords securely - I had them looped up, but he fastened them back with some plastic cabling made for that purpose. The trim still needs to be installed, but these things were more safety related, so he did those first.

Right now I am waiting for a friend to arrive to help out with the kittens. Then I have a student coming over to make up a lab, as she missed both chemistry classes last week and needs to get back on track. Then I will be heading over to the shelter to grab some medicine for Dobby, as she is still sneezy. All of the kittens go for shots and checkups on Wednesday, but I want Dobby to be well enough by then to be able to start her distemper series! Anyway, in the evening today I will be heading over to Frederick as a friend is celebrating his birthday and he wants to have tacos. A guess a group is going, so I invited SirGawain to meet there too. This is the guy that had his mother pass away a few weeks ago, and PunkRock and I went to the funeral. He plays Call of Cthulhu with us and he's our Pandemic Legacy friend. Anyway, it's his birthday and PunkRock will be working til 10 pm, so he'll miss the festivities, but I promised to go.

Busy day!

Old 10-10-2017, 09:40 PM

I am soooo far behind on paperwork, and my desk area in DarkKnight's office looks like a bomb went off. I am overdue on our annual State of the Union discussion with my guys and it all seems so overwhelming!

This afternoon I emptied one unpacked box in DarkKnight's office. Progress!

Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 PM

I woke up a little before 5:30 feeling absolutely terrible. PunkRock has a cold and I am 100% sure he has passed this lovely on to me. Ugh. So far it isn't completely debilitating, as it's just some stuffies and post nasal drip. I took two Dayquil and so far life is ok.

Gosh, do I ever write about how much I love my guys? PunkRock was the allstar yesterday! He had the day off but had to devote the entire thing to me. I had an unmedicated dental visit and it was not very fun. I managed to survive without Valium, but I was shaky after. I have new people working on my mouth, and a new treatment plan. I will go back on November 1 to have the existing implant completely removed, including the socket that is currently screwed into my jaw. The roots on the adjacent teeth curve toward the jawbone there, so the space is really too tight underneath for a different type of implant, without using Invisalign to move things.

SO the decision I've made is to give up on the implant idea and just close the space. I have to get Invisalign either way, and there is a chance that a new implant might not take. I do not want to prolong the horror. When the existing implant is removed, I'll be having new scans taken and an entirely new series of Invisalign aligners will be ordered.

The bottom set I will have for about 6 months +, to close the gap. This will cause my upper teeth to get wonky and look ridiculous, so we looked at some computer models and they are going to get me a new series for that too - probably 3 or so months to move those back and stretch out some to adjust to the bottom changes.

When all of the movement is complete, I will then go in to have tissue removed from the roof of my mouth and have it grafted over the gum recession the implant trauma has caused.

It'll be a process, but it should bring me back to something I can live with.

I still want to cry my eyes out. This is so very awful, but I can't fathom the amount of drugs involved. The oral surgeon told me he is giving me something new for the November 1 visit - that I should take the Valium the night before, but to come unmedicated in the morning and he will hook me up, because it's going to be a very painful procedure. FML

So, yeah. PunkRock took me to my dental appointment and then sat through it with me. He's a trooper.

Later in the evening, he drove me and all ten kittens to the shelter to get their shots and stuff done. TEN KITTENS. Ugh. It ended up being a great trip because the vet tech taught him how to give shots, so in the future, they can send the supplies to us and we can administer the medicine/vaccinations at home and not have to transport everyone. The good news is that all but 2 of the kittens are now over 2 pounds, so this morning I was able to call and get them scheduled to be fixed. The girls are going next Thursday morning, and the boys are next Friday morning. The two littlest are 1.81 and 1.62 pounds, so they don't have far to grow, so the vet scheduled them as well. If they are too small at that time, no harm done - we'll just bring them back to the house. Hopefully though, they will get a little fatter by the next week.

There is an adoption event next weekend, so the babies will all be able to go and hopefully find homes then. Dobby is being adopted by a friend who lives in Long Island, so PunkRock and I are going to travel to take her up there the weekend before Halloween. It's just going to be a day trip, but it's a trip!

Today I am waiting now for my chemistry kids to all arrive to start their labs. We have quizzes today too. DarkKnight has a half day, which is crappy since I can't spend it with him. Lame. He just left though to pick up the vouchers for the kittens from the clinic, so they can get fixed, and to bring me home some lunch. I'm not supposed to eat during lab but I'm going to die if I don't get some food. lol

Tonight I plan on spending with SirGawain, if I can get my shit together. I spent an hour cleaning the kitten room this morning and then ignoring all other responsibilities. I need to pay a couple of bills and do some budgeting. I did laundry last night, but that needs to be put away, and I have a larger bin of dirty stuff down in the basement, in PunkRock's bedroom. Ugh.

Tomorrow night DarkKnight and I are going to see a stage show of Dracula.

Last edited by Bluebird; 10-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:37 PM

I spent Friday morning with SirGawain, babying a horrific headache. Other than that, the illness I started experiencing on Thursday seems to have disappeared completely, thank goodness. We were up super late on Thursday night/Friday morning, watching Stranger Things. I had forgotten so much since watching it for the first time, so I found it enjoyable still, and SirGawain had never seen it. I am seriously excited about the new season coming out in a couple weeks!

So yeah, Friday. DarkKnight picked me up from SirGawain's and my headache was raging. I had taken some meds but they decided they weren't going to work right away. I stopped and got all my hair cut off anyway - I couldn't stand the thickness and length anymore! Here's a photo, but it was taken without any product in it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...9WqBfxhtQwwa9b

After the haircut, I got home, took a shower and then crawled into bed with PunkRock for a long nap. I woke up refreshed and got dressed for a datenight with DarkKnight. Check it out y'all! A friend of mine tracked these down for me and bought them as a surprise! Mummy leggings!!!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...61sbHCASgyoZOG

Originally I was going to wear a skirt, but it was chilly out today, and hey, new leggings. lol DarkKnight had purchased tickets for us to go see a stage production of Dracula, so I felt like these were appropriate. Lol We did dinner at Bon Chon, a Korean/American fusion chain restaurant. So yummy!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...dk8henKzoKdxpU

Dracula was VERY well done. DarkKnight and I knew a couple of the actors from the dinner theater DarkKnight is involved with, so that was pretty cool. When we got home, it was already 11 pm. I was supposed to have a sleepover with PunkRock, but I canceled that since he had to be up today at 4 am for work again, so I let him go to bed, and instead I snuggled up with DarkKnight.

This morning I made a long lariat necklace to match the mummy leggings, as I felt something was missing with my outfit yesterday. Milton helped.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...J1yRbsjcWM6KhI

I'm about to pop into the shower and get ready to go to see the new BladeRunner movie again. DarkKnight hasn't seen it yet, so this means I get to watch it a second time!

I need to do some grocery shopping today, so I will have to get that done after the movie. Yesterday evening when we had returned home, I was horrified to see the state of affairs at home - having 3 partners and teaching two days a week is starting to cause me to fall behind in domestic duties! I emptied 8 litter boxes and put away some laundry. I am planning on cleaning the fridge and getting the groceries squared away today, and hopefully squeezing in vacuuming someplace in the schedule! To be fair, the kittens demand hours of my time, and I think they have been stealing a lot of my housework slots. They are filthy - I have to scoop litter 3 times a day, sweep once a day, and wipe down everything frequently. And then of course, they need tummy time and snuggling to keep them social.

No regrets though. I love my life!

Fred and George, the Weasley twins

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...Sa7B7PVJzHmTgU

Molly. She's still the most feral, but she no longer hisses. She doesn't trust us yet, but she at least tolerates us holding her for small time periods. Right now she's on medication for a scratch on her mouth - you can kinda see it in the photo.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/...FZNQ12f9hL8IeL

Last edited by Bluebird; 10-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Tags
cohabitation, finances, financial decisions, house, living situations, living together, married and polyamorous, married and polyandrous, multiple husbands, multiple partners, multiple primaries, need vs. want, negotiating boundaries, out as poly, polyandry, polygamy, shared space, shared values, sharing information, sharing resources, vee dynamics