Greetings

DrunkenPorcupine

I've been a lurker for a little while, but decided I'd hop in here and get to know folks and let them get to know me.

I'm a fairly young male. I've been married for 6 years, and in the very beginning we had the monogamy talk. So while we've been monogamous for the past 6 years we both understand that monogamy is neither the default, not something we've set ourselves to be.

A few months back, I met someone new, and while our relationship hasn't been sexual, I think I'm building feelings for her. My wife picked up on this, and we shared some of our feelings.

My wife has a higher sex drive than I do, and some of her kinks are turn-offs to me. Specifically, she's into heavy BDSM. So after 6 years, we're finally actively looking into expanding out and exploring relationships with others, while building and exploring our existing one.

She's found a new dom, and having defined the relationship she and I have, I'm opening myself more and more to being polyamorous in practice as well as theory.

So that's why I'm here now, to reflect, learn and grow.

A bit about me. I'm childless by choice. I'm a geek. I have two cats which I completely adore.

I'm also a political activist. I'll keep politics off this board, but it's truely impossible for me to set aside the philosophy that motivates me to act. I believe in being responsible and honest, and towards the top of my list of values is always being a good neighbor.

I absolutely love my car (Honda Element) and I'm currently making a pot of chili. How's that for random?

Thanks for welcoming me into the community. :)

Randomness is good. Geekiness is good. I even think political activism is good ... although probably harder to discuss calmly. :)

From one newb to another ... welcome.

I even think political activism is good ... although probably harder to discuss calmly.

It's hard to change minds and influence people if you come across as an asshole. :) I respect my neighbors as I want them to respect me. I've learned to back off when I'm becoming too heated or aggressive, and really, just about everybody wants the same thing. What we differ on is how to go about it. People get lost in "my way is right" too often, and forget to think critically. Myself included, sometimes. :p

Thank you all for the welcomes. :)

It's hard to change minds and influence people if you come across as an asshole. :) I respect my neighbors as I want them to respect me. I've learned to back off when I'm becoming too heated or aggressive, and really, just about everybody wants the same thing. What we differ on is how to go about it. People get lost in "my way is right" too often, and forget to think critically. Myself included, sometimes. :p

Thank you all for the welcomes. :)

Maybe you could copy that quote to the mono wired/poly wired thread on GENERAL board. :eek::eek:

Great post by the way-very much like it!!!

Welcome to the group!

Back