Hello, Thanks for letting me be a part of this group.

9inchtongue

I am new to this site, and hope to meet other like minded people here. I am retired, after going through life getting by. I have been married, widowed, and remarried Like most males I am interested in the polyamory life style, and I have just talked my wife into the idea. I am in fairly good health. I smoke, but do not drink(quit about twenty five years ago.) Like every other male in my age group I spent my time in Veit Nam,(not bragging, just doing an intro.) There was a time when I thought I would not live to see the next day, now that I have lived to see many it is time for me to spend the rest of them with loved ones around me.I still have many days left to enjoy life.

Welcome,

how long have you been married this time?

How hard was it to convince your wife?

Is she looking for a partner as well. ...How long is her tongue?:D

Welcome to the forums!

Like most males I am interested in the polyamory life style...

I'm curious as to why you feel that "most males" are interested in poly (which may imply that "most females" are not?) [Whether or not it qualifies as a lifestyle, I'll leave for others to argue.] Do you have some statistics that indicate that? (My "personal" statistics...i.e. the people that I know...don't support that, but that n = a very small number.)

I would argue that "most people" have never considered poly in any way and therefore don't know if they have an interest or not (it is, in my opinion, still a minority perspective). It may be true that in the modern american culture more men than women are willing to express an interest in having extra-martial sexual experiences but that doesn't necessarily correlate with poly.

Hi and welcome.

Like most males I am interested in the polyamory life style, and I have just talked my wife into the idea.
I'm curious as to why you feel that "most males" are interested in poly (which may imply that "most females" are not?) [Whether or not it qualifies as a lifestyle, I'll leave for others to argue.] Do you have some statistics that indicate that?

...It may be true that in the modern american culture more men than women are willing to express an interest in having extra-martial sexual experiences but that doesn't necessarily correlate with poly.

I agree with Jane. I read somewhere (and I've been trying to find the article again) that, in a wide sampling of formerly monogamous MF long-term relationships or marriages that are now polyamorous, it was more frequently the women who had asked to open it up than it was the men. Also, just wanted to point out that there are so many ways to live polyamorously and incorporate poly into one's lifestyle, that there just isn't any such thing as "the polyamory lifestyle."

Last edited:
You might be right Jane

I guess I was saying what I assumed was right. It Is great to hear from a lady that is not afraid to voice her opinion.When I joined this site I thought the members would be mostly men, but I am glad to find out I was wrong.

When I joined this site I thought the members would be mostly men, but I am glad to find out I was wrong.
Have you done any reading elsewhere - books, websites, etc.? There is a "sticky note" thread with book and website recommendations at the top of the Poly Relationships forum. Also definitely check out the Blogs section here to read other people's stories, and Golden Nuggets which has links to poly resources

I'm a lady, and I was the one who asked to open my boyfriend &I's relationship, seems many others are the same.

I can't wait until there is more research on this subject..

I guess I was saying what I assumed was right. It Is great to hear from a lady that is not afraid to voice her opinion.When I joined this site I thought the members would be mostly men, but I am glad to find out I was wrong.

My husband is far less comfortable with a poly life than I am. In fact most of the men I've met on this journey are less comfortable from the get go. Maybe it's where we live (NYC) maybe not. But women are at least as equally into exploring what it means to be polyamourous as men.

Just my 2cents

Back