Why hide?~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweetheart how many years of service do you have? Thats right ZERO. I served 4 years only seperated from the Army because of a medical discharge due to a landmine in Bosina.

Recruiters will tell you ANYTHING they need to get you enlisted.

You really think you have any privacy in the military? There is a snitch in every duty station. Oh all your little postings here may blow you security clearance. You don't get that til they send you to AIT. And they will find every little internet post you have ever made.

I would love to see what happens to you when a Gunny gets in your face. They wont be as nice as me.

Btw I am 39 will be 40 next month. Come see me when the world slaps your rose colored glasses off.

Ooookay...

So if you're not married, and it's no big deal for YOU, then why the confrontational, opposing viewpoint? It seems a bit holier-than-thou. Some people do have legitimate reasons to not disclose their relationships. Some, who aren't in the military, but who have morality clauses (teachers, maybe), don't want to lose their livelihoods and put their family in that kind of risk.

So you don't have to hide it. I don't really HAVE to, either. I'm not getting persecuted, arrested, or beaten up. But some people have real reasons for not disclosing. Mine's more not wanting to deal with potential fallout from people I care about, but if it comes out, it comes out and I'll deal with it.

The cautionary tales don't refer to every person in a poly relationship. I don't think that claim was ever made.

I understand the fear of having every one "know" about who you are and what you do, and the potential "dangers" that come with that, but it is simply paranoia to believe that EVERY SINGLE PERSON, children INCLUDED in the situation, who has EVER "publicly-announced" that they are "polyamorous" have been treated badly.~

I don't recall anyone saying EVERY SINGLE PERSON has been treated badly. I have not, despite being fairly open when I am the only one who bears the consequences. So what's with the straw man argument? Some people have been treated badly. Just because everyone has not does not mean it doesn't exist.

Just because not everyone who swims in the ocean gets bit by a shark does not mean sharks don't exist.

Tell whomever you like. No one on this board cares. However, you asked a question, "why hide?" People have responded to your questions with legitimate answers for their personal choices. You can disagree all you want, and do as you please. Why did you turn the topic into a pissing match?

Last edited:
I think this user lives in the little fantasy world he makes for himself. He's going to get a real shock when he finally wakes up in reality. I have no idea how he passed the psych evaluation. Don't you need one in the military? Or do.they like them a little bit kookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back