Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneQSmythe View Post
PS. As an aside, why do they insist upon putting removable boob circles in everything? They look like padded boob circles! Is it because females are somehow not supposed to have nipples!? News Flash: everyone has nipples! Is it because sports bras and swimsuits smoosh your boobs flat? Back when I had no tits I constantly asked why they insisted on putting "underwires" in AA cup bras (I always removed them) - now I want to know why they put boob circles in C-cup sports bras (I remove them as well).
Good Lord, do I hate those things. I have had to remove them from my sports bras, because not only do they look stupid, especially when they bunch up, but they also tend to migrate to other areas of the bra (or outside the bra entirely) when I wash them. Grrrr...

Clearly, someone out there thinks random padded circles look better than nipples. I would like to find that person and bury them in all the pads I've taken out (or had fall out in the washer) over the years. This may be the shoulder pads of the 2010s...
Spinner: 53/M, Friend I went on a couple dates with. Divorced, Mono, "just friends".
Xena: 48/F, Chops' partner of 7 years
Curls: 51/F, Chops' partner of 2 years

Supporting Characters:
Choplet: Chops' son
DanceGirl: My oldest daughter
Pokégirl: My youngest daughter
Old 09-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Spaminator

I literally JUST did the same thing with my "padded"s sports bra's. I had never had sports bra without those in it and only recently realised I could remove them. Well I went through every single one of mine and removed them all. HA! I hate those so much. Womens breasts aren't even circular so yeah covering the nipple is annoying. I freed my nipple and went to the gym anyway. I'm barely a B, (between a and b), so I don't need all that extra annoying fluff like underwire or circle pads. we need a hashtag; #freethegymnipple
Ariel- 1.5 years- BFF and FWB hinge in her polycule
Landon- Ariels husband (8 yr relationship)
Snow- Ariels BF (1 year)
Irishcoffee- 4 year comet/ FWB
Benson- Recent polynetwork friend/ occasional FWB 4 months
June- Benson's GF
M.K. - Recent poly fling, now poly friend. 4 months.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:12 AM

I also hate the "nipple armor" as real calls them. Annoying and useless pieces of modesty fabric.
Fox: friend and fwb on occasion.
R: Lady's ex
Old 09-12-2018, 04:57 AM

Ah-ha! I am not alone in my disdain for unhelpful undergarment accoutrements!

I remember in high school that my first job (a hostess at Eat 'n Park) had a dress code that required female employees wear bras. Since the hostess uniform at the time was a vest over a blouse I failed to see why my non-existent tits required uncomfortable elastic garments. The only way that someone could tell that I wasn't wearing one would be if they a.) felt me up or b.) noticed the lack of the characteristic lumps that bras make under clothing.

I don't mind wearing a camisole under sheer blouses but requiring someone to wear random pieces of elastic that make them more uncomfortable is akin to requiring women to wear high-heels. nope. Not. Gonna. Do. It.
SLeW: platonic hetero girlfriend and BFF
MrClean: hetero mono male, almost ex-lover-friend, ex-FWBs to SLeW, friends with MrS; live-in with Katniss
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe