Special occasion time dedication

LOL, that's hilarious!

Makes sense, since it seemed out of character for your husband to insist on an extra night with no Boy.

Happy Anniversary and have a great time!

Congrats AG! :D It sounds like Hubby and Boy are both going camping with you, am I reading that right? In any case, I can tell you'll have a wonderful time.

Congrats AG! :D It sounds like Hubby and Boy are both going camping with you, am I reading that right? In any case, I can tell you'll have a wonderful time.

Yep. I'm hoping I get that label maker for Christmas that I've been asking for every year, too. Then they can find stuff without opening every box/being super obvious. Lol

Hubby and I decided to spend our solo night camping as well, since the surprise is ruined and it's free. We will still be able to get the food we were looking forward to but can save the money we would have spent on a hotel. Yay for lenient cancellation policies!

So the first night solo (just you and Hubby -- instead of a hotel), the second night the three of you (you, Hubby, and Boy), plus Little Girl I suppose? Sorry, I don't mean to overanalyze. I hope you guys have a great outing!

It all seems odd to me.

If Boy was in on it all along, and could have played along with whatever scenario hubby told you, what purpose did the specific story of hubby wanting the whole weekend serve? If they were both in on it than it doesn't matter what story you were given because reality was going to be a surprise in the end...

I'm overreaching here but I suspect this was some sort of get out of trouble scheme. But as long as you have a smile on your face its of no importance or relevance... Happy anniversary.

Correct, Kevin.

They've shown me the conversation they had. Awkward guys being awkward. The plan was for Boy to leave here then go start setting up camp. Hubby would then take me there instead of the berry farm I've suggested we check out. Surprise!

No one was in trouble, so no reason to make anything up.

This past weekend was the weekend. If anyone is interested, it went... as well as I could hope.

The weather was iffy. Rained some. Was oppressingly humid some. Beautiful some. Hot some and cold some. At least no snow. Lol

Hubby and I got to relax and read and explore some on our own. We had amazing sex and shared a lot of memories from our relationship. Them Boy and Little girl joined us. We all hiked and played games. It was good.

The dog had anxiety because of the fireworks, but drugs helped. Unfortunately due to covid, a pet sitter wasn't an option. He does fine when he's home. Poor guy.

Hubby and I had time to sneak off and have more sex later in the weekend as well, which is crazy for us. Then hubby made sure boy and I had an opportunity as well. I felt loved, supported, and very happy all weekend.

As expected, Hubby also LOVED his presents. Like, broke the "no tech except for pictures" rule we'd agreed on to post pictures immediately. :D

All is well that ends well. I ended up showing Hubby this thread. He always enjoys seeing/hearing about responses to other people's relationship questions so he enjoyed hearing the responses here too.

Sounds like the weekend was pretty awesome overall ... glad to hear that.

AG - asking here so as not to hijack the other thread.

Just curious whether you had any bad feelings about this surprise due to your hatred of lying you raised on another thread

To be fair, lying is a HUUUUUUGE issue for me. I don't approve, even for normal reasons like surprise parties and gifts and stuff. It just bothers me.

From here

AG - asking here so as not to hijack the other thread.

Just curious whether you had any bad feelings about this surprise due to your hatred of lying you raised on another thread

From here

It irritated me, but when they were found out they spent about 20 minutes cackling as they explained all of their "not lie lies." Like Hubby saying he didn't want Boy staying here the second night. Not a lie - he wanted him to stay at a campsite with us. Boy asked for a car seat for his car at one point in case of emergency/so they could do something fun together. I thought ice cream or a hike since they love doing those things together. He meant bringing her to campsite. (I had already planned on putting a seat in his car for emergencies anyway, btw lol)

Most of the "lies" were my interpretation of the partial truths. Irritating at the time but humorous after the fact since Hubby and I had our biggest fight ever after he straight up lied to me in high school about a gift so now he's VERY careful to not actually say something untrue even if he purposefully misleads me.

I know my stance on this is a party pooper attitude so I appreciate the effort to respect my distaste for lying while also trying to do something awesome and fun as a surprise. I have agreed that partial truths/misdirects for a fun gift/pleasant surprise is totally acceptable since it's in the spirit of fun, but if it is ever about something serious (feelings, relationships, etc) I will treat it as an actual lie.

Back