Another new to poly thread

taras94

Banned
Hi, I'm Tara and 19 yo from the Philadelphia area. I've been in a poly relationship for almost a year with a 25 yo man and he's involved with two other women at the moment. I have mixed feelings about poly and still trying to figure things out. I've been reading the forum off and on for a few months now and finally decided to register to participate and learn from others. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. If you are looking to learn-I suggest dropping into the blog page and the general page and reading through some threads. ;)

Hi Tara, I hope you can learn and get some support if things get difficult or just to work through your feelings.

Greetings Tara,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds a little unbalanced if you just have the one guy and he has three women. Not saying that can't work out in some situations, but perhaps it's one of the reasons why you find yourself questioning?

Anyway, keep checking out different parts of the forum, and post any thoughts, questions, or concerns. I'm glad you could join us.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Welcome to the forum. If you are looking to learn-I suggest dropping into the blog page and the general page and reading through some threads. ;)

I've dropped by those pages several times over the past few months. It's interesting to see other perspectives on various situations.

Greetings Tara,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds a little unbalanced if you just have the one guy and he has three women. Not saying that can't work out in some situations, but perhaps it's one of the reasons why you find yourself questioning?

Anyway, keep checking out different parts of the forum, and post any thoughts, questions, or concerns. I'm glad you could join us.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

It does seem a bit unbalanced but that part honestly doesn't bother me that much. I'm conflicted because my parents/family are the ultra conservative, religious, save yourself for marriage types. They have no idea about my current lifestyle and there are some real consequences that I'll likely have to deal with later. Plus, I've got some other hangups that I'm working through.

Based on his prior experiences my BF always thought of his relationships as f-buddy/fwb's type of situations. Just recently he realized that with the right people and mindset it can be so much more meaningful. We are learning from each other.

If I'm up to it and have the time I'll post more detail later.

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :)

I look forward to your further posts. It sounds like a lot of your struggles have to do with that monogamous conditioning that so many of us grew up with. It sounds like you and your BF are both learning a lot from the current situation.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back