Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

I really wish I could, but I just can't be travelling that far these days. Thanks for the invite, Mono!

I really wish I could, but I just can't be travelling that far these days. Thanks for the invite, Mono!

That is an ongoing open invitation to you and your loves, my friend. :)

Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, then. Next time we're planning a trip to the frozen Northern tundra, we'll be dropping you a line, eh?

No fair, RP! That's not it at all! I'd love to visit Canada (and yes I was being "cute" about the frozen tundra). It's just that it's such a long trip, and we make long trips very infrequently -- because of cost but also because of various many problems with burning fossil fuels (including the recent disaster in the gulf).

But let me now invite you down here! Next time you're way down in the high deserts around Santa Fe, let me know! You're welcome to camp with us, too.

Me and my little buddy had a good night of computer games and part of a movie. There is a big pay-off in being able to participate in his life. I get to spend time with the happy exuberance of a child again (my daughter is 17), and I know that Redpepper and Polyerdist can enjoy themselves with their respective loves. In essence, we were all building on our relationships last night. Now it's almost time to hit the park and try to keep up with this little guy in a speedy game of tag! Wish me luck :)

Redpepper's parent's acceptance

Today we all went to Redpepper's parents' house to a have a Father's Day dinner. I brought a deer roast that my father gave me when I recently visited. While Polynerdist, Redpepper and son are vegetarians, her parents and I are not. We all pitched in and cooked a great spread of vegetarian food and Redpepper's mom took care of the roast. I posted our family pics on Facebook so my parents could see us all enjoying our meal, partially supplied by them.

It was relaxed and very enjoyable. We felt like a big family to me, accepting and trusting in each other. Redpepper's dad told her she has always been a wonderful daughter as we left at the end of the evening. She went back to watch a show with her mom later, as is their new routine.

Who would have thought we would have come so far since coming out to them? :D

That is so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Yesterday Redpepper and Polynerdist signed their will and named me as the guardian of their child should something happen to them. This is a huge honor and commitment to our family. I have a daughter and know the responsibilities of a parent well. I love thier son and have a vested interest in his well-being and development, so saying yes to this request was easy. :)

Yesterday Redpepper and Polynerdist signed thier will and named me as the guardian of thier child should something happen to them. This is a huge honor and comitment to our family. I have a daughter and know the responsibilities of a parent well. I love thier son and have a vested interest in his well-being and development, so saying yes to this request was easy :)

And don't forget the fact that their son loves you to pieces. If anything were to happen to RP and PN I know that you would be such a big comfort to the little guy.

I like to think that kids are just a good judge of who's a good person. The fact that my kids warmed up right away to my husband's girlfriend really helped me be more accepting of her too. He's taken to you and accepted you as part of his family because you're a good guy and he can tell that you care about him and his mom and dad. Kids are smart that way :D

I like to think that kids are just a good judge of who's a good person. The fact that my kids warmed up right away to my husband's girlfriend really helped me be more accepting of her too. He's taken to you and accepted you as part of his family because you're a good guy and he can tell that you care about him and his mom and dad. Kids are smart that way :D

Kids and household pets. They have un-clouded intuition.

Yesterday Redpepper and Polynerdist signed their will and named me as the guardian of their child, should something happen to them. This is a huge honor and commitment to our family. I have a daughter and know the responsibilities of a parent well. I love their son and have a vested interest in his well-being and development. So saying yes to this request was easy :)

This is awesome guys, awe-inspiring and uplifting.

One note, make sure the grandparents and family know of these wishes. as well. Although it is in the wills, it would suck if someone got it in their mind that they would be a better/more appropriate guardian than Mono, for whatever reason they might have.

Congrats on making such a huge decision and taking the steps to make it happen.

Hey, they like me too, no? :(

Yes, they like you too. I didn't have to worry about their impression of you, though, because I already liked you. (I only use them to gauge those I'm not sure about yet.)

Back