The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Today is a better day. Work went well; Runic Wolf gave me an amazing greeting when i got home from work; and I got to chat for a little bit with Wendigo.

Gah! Why must she continue to do things that only make her more attractive to me? It's just not fair, because no matter what happens, even if we patch things up, she'll never think of me in the same way.

Sorry, adolescent emoness over. I'll get back to 32-year-old emoness now. ;)

Yep, we're still alive.
Yep, we're all still together.

Nope, haven't been posting.

Yep, still blogging.

Yep, still poly.

Grandbaby rocks and life is good.
;)

Went to court this morning. My divorce is final! I feel so relieved, relaxed and FREE!!!

Good deal, Magdlyn!

Sorry about your troubles, NYCindie.

Me ... I'm so happy and yet so sad, all at once. Sad that Faraway Sweetie and I are faraway from one another and that it's best to wait a while, anyway. And so happy that we love one another, and will be able to hold hands (etc.) before too long.

I am a teacher. School started today. I have to cover up what what I am at all times. It burns me to do so. I am proud of who I am and the relationships that I have. I have a husband and a girlfriend that love me very much. What is NOT to be proud of.

I am a teacher. School started today. I have to cover up what what I am at all times. It burns me to do so. I am proud of who I am and the relationships that I have. I have a husband and a girlfriend that love me very much. What is NOT to be proud of.

Critter,

I can relate to this very much. I'm sorry that it feels unsafe to be yourself in your environment, but that doesn't negate your wonderful relationships.

Figured I should re-introduce myself

since only a few people probably even know who I am! I wish I found more time to participate in the forums, but I do so value the friendships I have formed here.

At any rate, I'm a poly woman to what used to be my husband's mono, but he has now had a girlfriend for over a year! I've had half a dozen relationships in the last year and a half, which have all faltered for one reason or another, so as I described to my therapist, I'm pulling in my wings for a bit (I really like this symbolism for some reason).

My (ex) boyfriend is coming this weekend and I anticipate it being challenging and yet wonderful to be with him. He has decided to give monogamy another go, as his primary relationship while he was poly was very painful. So, with a rather heavy heart, I support him. Really looking forward to seeing him with my kids again because they adore him and he them! Now here's hoping I don't have crying fits the whole time he's here ;-).

Oh, and I told my step-sister about us being poly as she is coming for a visit next week from Chicago and she was very receptive (phew!). I wouldn't have told her except that my mother knows (I was outed to her) and she would have!

I know a lot of people in that situation. They need to hide their relationships because their jobs have "indecency" clauses in the hiring contracts, and most don't recognize the validity of a poly style relationship set. They see it as something dirty and disgusting (although deep down I wonder if that's because they think that, or that they are jealous they can't be that comfortable ).

Things are ok.

Hating my office right now.

S'all good. It will get better. :p Either because it will, or I'll leave.

No real news or information on the relationship side of things. Life with the man is pretty darned good. We went to see my step-mom a few weeks ago and I told her that we had gone through some 'schtuff' but now we were stronger than other. She said it was noticable :)

Other than work crap, things are good :)

I am feeling very full on life at the moment. That is the only way I can describe it and I don't know if it conveys much. I have pushed through a big something and I don't quite know how to "be" on this, the other side of it yet. It's a bit like looking around and being in a whole new world and not quite knowing what to investigate first. I think maybe this time I have really untethered from monogamy.

One of Lin's best friends died in a car crash yesterday. She was 31, pregnant with her first child, fourth month, her husband lost his parents in an accident four months ago. We don't know how he will handle it. She and her three friends were dead immediately, the other driver survived ...

Got terrible headaches totday, migraine is kicking in big time, feels like crap.

Congrats, Mags! I am beginning to look forward to the day when mine is finalized!

Good deal, Magdlyn!

Thanks, you guys. A huge load lifted from my shoulders. I feel no sense of loss, in fact, I now feel more whole.

Not to mention it's great being done with all the red tape and lawyerly wrangling!

FREEDOM!!

I wish the same for you, Cindie.

Congrats Mags!

I'm doing pretty good today. Runic Wolf skyped with Wendigo on Thursday and I briefly skyped with him yesterday before Runic Wolf took me out shopping for the dress I am wearing to our friend's wedding today. I am doing some self pampering today, getting a hair cut and picking up some make up later to wear (something I rarely do). I think my interview went well yesterday. I am slightly nervous that they will decide I didn't take enough child focused courses for my Child and Family Studies degree. But I should know something by the end of next week.

Hubbie's friend seems to have given him the brush off in her latest email to him. Neither of us have had much luck on the internet, but we are thinking of hanging out in poly and/or swinger friendly clubs. Any suggestions for just hanging out in the NYC area on a weekend? Neither of us is into BDSM, we're pretty vanilla.

Back