Photogrraphy nuts?

Sunshinegrl

Photography nuts?

Im a photography nut. I not so recently got me a D-SLR ( Pentax K-200D). And Im still learning how to use it. But is anyone else here a keen Photographer? RedPepper's Avatar is awesome. Eyes are one of my fave things to try to capture. Im a sucker for eyes!

Last edited:
I am a hobby photographer.... nothing serious and no fancy camera, but I have fun.

Thats all I am! A hobby photographer! Cant even begin to pretend Im anything but. It is however something I would love to make something more of...Maybe one day.

I have quite an appreciation for photography--both enjoying the images of others and making images myself--, but I've not yet gotten into digital, and haven't had a working camera in quite a while.

HOWEVER, my partner (I have only one partner at the moment) and I are planning to do some wilderness backpacking soon, and I want us to take the little inexpensive digital camera plunge before we go -- so look for some images of our trip down the road! I know I can post images in this forum!

Thats all I am! A hobby photographer! Cant even begin to pretend Im anything but. It is however something I would love to make something more of...Maybe one day.

You will do wonderfully WHEN you study this, I know it. Your pictures are already amazing. You have a wonderful knack of capturing light and essence of everything. Especially the kids... I love those pics. :D

I love taking pictures too... I'm not as good as my Sunshinegrl but i do love it. Some of my pictures I have to say are pretty cool though.

I look forward to seeing Some Pics!

RedPepper's Avatar is awesome. Eyes are one of my fave things to try to capture. Im a sucker for eyes!

why thank you sunshine! I do a lot of self portraits on my own as a kind of diary of times in my life. I got the idea from an old school feminist art exhibit where a woman in the 60's had taken a photo every day of the year and glued them on a calender. I have found it to be very interesting the changes that have occurred over a couple of years. I only take head shots, and the eye came from one.

If I wasn't so scared that someone might recognize me on here I would share more.... If you are not worried an album would be a pleasure to view.

Maybe Admin would be so kind to make This forum Or maybe another a little more private(not viewable to guests?) and I would be happy to share some Of My pics. :) I dont mind sharing Some of My non family Photos.

This is one of my sunsets...

Attachments

• sunset-14feb2.jpg
    sunset-14feb2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 10
Maybe Admin would be so kind to make This forum Or maybe another a little more private(not viewable to guests?) and I would be happy to share some Of My pics. :) I dont mind sharing Some of My non family Photos.

This is one of my sunsets...

*sigh* Home :)

Beautiful baby... I love your pics.

I wouldn't mind sharing my own pics (personal ones) IF it was a private forum, for people with a certain ammount of posts and over lets say.
I like that the board is open, it helps new people decide wether to join, but I think something like that needs to be private for those of us who are staying here. I know we haven't been here long, but I don't plan on going anywhere.

ohh couldnt you click it?? Bugger.

I will upload it somewhere.

here you go baby hehe some eyes for ya

(when the hell did I develop crows feet? thank you psp hehe)

Attachments

• eyes1.jpg
    eyes1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4
theres my girl beautiful eyes! And you dont have Crows feet!

They are not "crow's feet" they are "Laugh Lines"!

hehe yep babe. there they is :)

lol thanks vandalin I had a turning 30 crisis this year. lol looking at those pics I took today didn't help lol

30 is quite young! Save your age "crisis" for another decade.

Youth has its own special and precious sort of beauty, but age tends to make us wiser, smarter, and even more interesting--if we're letting it. Our society (I'm an American) worships youth too much and doesn't respect age enough. (I'm a young 43.)

I'll be getting my first digital camera soon, so anyone who wants to advise on good cameras at good prices, or how to choose one, I'm all ears.

I'd really like an SLR, but that may have to wait until I can better afford one. Those other little cameras (what are the called?) are less than half of the SLR price, generally.

Last edited:
Me too!

I have had a Pentax DSLR (K10D) for about 6 months now. I am still getting used to it as I have never had a DSLR, only "real" SLRs. I am also looking to sell one of my SLRs ( a Canon F-1) to fund the purchase of a new lens for the pentax. Right now I am taking pictures with a macro lens which gives me the opportunity to take wonderful candid portraits, but not much of a view for use in landscape photos.
I also love taking close up shots of plants, as I am also a practicing botanist.

Back