New Personal Polyamory Classifieds

mypolyplace

Not sure if there is a need or want for this, its about 80% finished...It is searchable by city and state, I was thinking of putting categories but feel there could be so many possibilities... So for now every ad is put in one category called polyamory personals... For now and possibly forever it is free to post....

Its in beta so please report bugs if you decide to post...

http://personals.mypolyplace.com

The Big Question

`

....and now the Big Question:

How are you going to keep the Swingers out?

Being Poly, I am constantly searching for references, sites, etc. for true Poly people. Every meet-up/Dating/Poly-Friends/etc. site eventually & seemingly quickly fills up with Swingers pretending to be Poly.... Thus running off true Poly peeps and degrading our reputation further.

`

Not that it will be 100% full proof but every add will be reviewed before posted and we will do our best...As far as the parent domain mypolyplace.com (the community) Every thing is easily moderated from the live feed...

`

Being Poly, I am constantly searching for references, sites, etc. for true Poly people. Every meet-up/Dating/Poly-Friends/etc. site eventually & seemingly quickly fills up with Swingers pretending to be Poly.... Thus running off true Poly peeps and degrading our reputation further.

`

`

`

Can you explain to me how you identify "true poly" people?

I know a lot of people who don't identify as poly AT ALL, yet what they are doing looks an awful lot like poly to me. "Swingers" who are only with one couple at a time and the relationship often lasts years, to the point where they help each other with kids, take care of each other when someone's sick, and are devastated when situations change and they can't be in each other's lives anymore. Seems a lot more loving than a lot of "poly" relationships I've seen, yet they still call themselves swingers for whatever reason - often because they don't want to be associated with the "one true poly" types and prefer the accepting atmosphere that swingers create.

Swinger hate bothers me. A lot.

I don't hate on anyone, obviously to a point I will have to moderate in good faith.. But I have had alot of request for a swinger site, so I have created swingingsets.com, I did this for two reasons, one to give swingers and or people looking for hookups short and long term relationships but don't consider them self poly, number two, to keep the poly site myPolyplace.com for people who consider them self poly... You are what you are, but some get caught up in titles, I feel people who consider themselves poly are poly, people who consider themselves swingers are swingers so on and so on....

I apoligize if there are typos on my iPhone...

I'm going to start considering myself a swinger who loves most of her playmates.

Adios, poly sites!

:p

Lol, that's funny, not quite what I meant, to deny that people in both communities don't label themselves first or the public doesn't do the same thing apathetically, is just denying the issue exist :-(

My point was there are many people that are truly poly by most peoples definition but "label' themselves swingers, and vice versa... Not sure where u are from, in the midwest and south, from what I see there is confusion between the definition, among the individuals themselves and especially the monogamis community.

Again on my phone apologize for the grammer / spelling...

Last edited:
Back