hihi

GlassDaemon

It's far too early for me to be up.... but alas, I am. Well let's see, my name is Amanda, I'm 18 and live in Maryland. I was introduced to polyamory when I was 16 it was why my first love left me. I'm still unsure on my standings on polyamory but at the time I was a scared, nervous, head over heels in love, believing monogomy was the only way little girl. It's only been two years, but my horizons have broaded by leaps and bounds. I don't believe my first love really cared to keep me around, he certainly could have been more patient and understanding, but I definitely overreacted and panicked cause I thought I was losing the love of my life which ultimately I did, but I think it was for the best anyway.

As it stands, I'm mostly here for curiosity, I recently aquired a polyamorus friend and for a period we considered dating and he assured me he could be monogamous if his partner wanted it. He's the reason I became more curious about the life style. As I've matured(though still have a long ways to go) I've learned a lot, and am only to eager to learn more. I'd love to have the opportunity to experiment with this breed of relationships, as unfortunately, I was never too good at learning less I could interact with it, better known as being a 'hands on' person. I wish I could just read about it and know if it was for me, though generally I've a good idea about myself, and am usually right, I have still been wrong before.

Last edited:
Good for you, Amanda!

You are lucky to discover the poly- option at a young age! Remember, polyamory is about LOVE, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Conventional, mainstream Americans will try to convince you that the only genuine "romantic" form of love is monogamous. Well, that's nonsense. It's just like folks insisting that gay/queer folks don't really love one another--that it's just about sex, and "immoral". Nonsense!

Good for you for choosing to think these issues through for yourself!:)

Welcome to the boards!

I think you've been blessed. When I was your age, I always wondered why folks thought that if you dated somebody once, you were an exclusive pair, and why more people didn't seem interested in dating multiple partners. There wasn't any term to describe what I thought should be the way to approach relationships--and there certainly weren't many poly folk to be found in the backwaters of Iowa!

As far as hands-on learning goes...well, with poly, the only hands-on approach is to date more than one person at a time. It'll take some time to figure out if living multiple relationships at a time works for you. And make certain that you never mistake it not working for other people meaning it doesn't work for you.

Back