Hi I'm new here, and so excited to be apart of your group.

Artisan

I'm a 32 year old self employed mother of 2, married to my husband for 8 years and I'd love to share my story and make friends with you guys. :)

My best friend from highschool, who I've maintained a healthy loving relationship with for the last 15 years has been a constant and very loved family friend. My husband of 8 years and two kids are very comfortable with her and absolutely adore her. She comes over to our house almost every day, has dinner with us, our children play together, we go on family outings with her, for all intents and purposes we've been a family for years.

I've always secretly hoped that she could move in with us and officially be a member of our family, a secret I had shared with my husband 2 years ago. Sometimes we'd hint around that we wanted a second wife, never referring to her or trying to freak her out and scare her. She always seemed a little reticent or anti poly when we'd bring it up, so we never really pushed the issue.

A few days ago I really laid my heart out to her and told her that I wanted her in our family, I wanted her to have a relationship with my husband, and she was receptive. I had to really stress to her about how I was more than okay with her having sex with my husband. I know that she's been lacking in not having a physical relationship and she has a high sex drive, and even if she just needed him for sex that I was okay with it.

Over the last few days she's really been opening up to us about how she's also wanted to be in our family but never felt like she could say anything and ruin our friendship. We've had so many amazing conversations about our future together. She and my DH have since had sex and I can see their friendship turning into a very deep loving relationship. I really could not be more joyful and happy right now with everything that is happening. I love those two people more than anything in the world and to see them snuggling and kissing brings me such joy and happiness.

We have a pretty large house with extra bedrooms so when she's ready to move in after her lease is up, she'll be joining us officially. I know that we'll have adjustments to make in our own lives, but I feel so confident in our group dynamic because it's been so great for so many years already.

I can't wait for us to propose to her, marry her, for her to have our babies. *I had a rather traumatic pregnancy and delivery so I can't have any more of my own babies, but my husband and her both want more children.

Our children have been sensing the extra love around the house and have started asking on their own when she's going to move in. They are also very much in love with her as a friend/parent.

Everything is so beautiful and lovely right now. Snuggling the three of us on the couch watching a movie is beyond perfection.

Thanks for giving me the space to type this all out and share it with someone...lol

Welcome! Your story sounds very beautiful. :) I hope that the moving in process and the building of your poly family go smoothly and that the three of you are able to share some wonderful experiences together.

Hi Artisan,
Welcome to our forum.

You've been truly blessed to have such a glad and blissful transition into life as a poly family. Always cherish that, and enjoy your time on Polyamory.com; we're glad you're here.

With regards,
Kevin T.

Back