Heya :)

Ivy

I'm newish to polyamory and fresh off a particularly heartbreaking and unhealthy relationship. My husband's been incredibly supportive, but he's definitely doing more than his fair share by carrying me through this emotionally.

I'm finding myself increasingly skeptical of the poly lifestyle now--it was intense, uncontrolled jealousy, manipulation, and consistent "postponing" of communication that ended this relationship. Right now, it feels like the level of honesty required for healthy poly relationships is beyond what most people can handle without slipping into rage.

I'm looking to reverse that impression, but I need encouragement. :)

Sorry to hear about your experience. I think you will find the encouragement you are seeking on this forum, seems like lots of nice and knowledgeable folks here that are more than willing to share their experiences and thoughts. I am new to this forum and have yet to post my story/thoughts/experiences, but will get around to it at some point... just been soaking up all the good information and stories for the last week or so. Sounds like you are blessed with a supportive husband, as I am too. But, yeah, they can only do so much and take so much too. Anyway, nice to meet you!

Back