Is it "wrong" of me?

TL4everu2

Ok, I have a question......I have noticed (a LOT) that thinner women, usually prefer more....robust...men.;) While...."thicker" women, have a tendency to prefer......thinner men.

It is very unusual to see a thin man, with a thin woman....not as uncommon, is the robust man, with a thicker woman....But still not as common as thin with thick.

Now, I PREFER my women to be a bit thicker. Not obese....just some more meat on their bones. ;)

When I used to go to the swinger clubs with my wife, we would ALWAYS see obese men....sweating away while huffing and puffing on top of a skinny woman....Who was apparently LOVING it. :)

I'm of the "thinner" crowd. Some thicker people seem to think that because I'm "skionny", my life should be all peaches and creame. WRONG! Just like an obese person has to endure the ribbing of "HAHA! You're SO FAT!" and other WAY more hurtful things, I have to endure the opposite "Hey chicken legs" and "Damn...You better hold on to something heavy or you might blow away because you're so skinny!".

So...am I wrong for having a specific "taste" in women, and the type of men my wife likes?

She is thicker, and prefers men who are thinner. (thank GOD! LOL)

I realize this makes me "shallow". However, if a person is content with their own weight, why the heck should they care what I think?

So...am I wrong for having a specific "taste" in women, and the type of men my wife likes?

Your not wrong for having particular tastes. I don't believe that what we initially find physicaly attractive can be controled. That's not to say we can't fall in love, appreciate and be physically attracted to those that fall outside our particular preferences. What is shallow, is only considering physical atributes and basing everything on that alone. How many people find themselves surprised when they fall in love with someone who is NOT "their type"?

As far as the type of men YOU prefer for your wife... We are all entitled to our opinion, but this is her decission, not yours. However, I'm sure LT is strong enough to stand up and let you know when you are pushing your opinions too far.:p

LOL Yes, trust me...I let HER choose her own men. Although, when I see a guy who exibits the characteristics of a user, I let her know. Not because I'm jealous....but because I don't want to see her hurt.

TY for your view.

Ok, I have a question......I have noticed (a LOT) that thinner women, usually prefer more....robust...men.;) While...."thicker" women, have a tendency to prefer......thinner men.

It is very unusual to see a thin man, with a thin woman....not as uncommon, is the robust man, with a thicker woman....But still not as common as thin with thick.

Now, I PREFER my women to be a bit thicker. Not obese....just some more meat on their bones. ;)

My cousin and I have cracked jokes about this for years. Tall guys, small girls, big guys, tiny girls etc. I started to realize it was where I lived and the people I hung out with. Outside of the small range of people I knew then, I saw far more diversity.

When I used to go to the swinger clubs with my wife, we would ALWAYS see obese men....sweating away while huffing and puffing on top of a skinny woman....Who was apparently LOVING it. :)

Diversity? I am a bigger guy, According to BMI I am obese. (although I do actually carry it quite well coming from power lifting, a lot more muscle than the average bear)

I'm of the "thinner" crowd. Some thicker people seem to think that because I'm "skionny", my life should be all peaches and creame. WRONG! Just like an obese person has to endure the ribbing of "HAHA! You're SO FAT!" and other WAY more hurtful things, I have to endure the opposite "Hey chicken legs" and "Damn...You better hold on to something heavy or you might blow away because you're so skinny!".

Nope, we all have tastes. There is nothing wrong with it.

I realize this makes me "shallow". However, if a person is content with their own weight, why the heck should they care what I think?

There is a difference between being disinterested and being an ass. People were asses to you. Girls who have made comments about my size were asses too. That guy that tells the chubby chick she is fat and he isn't interested is also an ass.

I have a thing for intelligence. Physical shape rarely means much to me. I have been around smoking hot models, if they couldn't hold up their end of the conversation, I walked away. Well not that rudely, but it was an immediate sign of disinterest.

I would say, remain open minded though, you might be surprised. Locking yourself into something because of a physical look, well... you are limiting yourself imho...

Last edited:
I've seen this discussed on Fetlife quite a bit, and some of the opinions go like this:

Thin men prefer thicker women and vice versa (haven't heard from too many gays or lesbians on the matter) because 2 sets of hipbones striking together is actually painful and can leave nasty bruises.

Younger men prefer thinner women because they have been more trained by the media ideal, than by experience, to know that larger women can be extremely sexy and desirable. As they mature, their tastes change.

Kinky people are less concerned about body type than mainstream people because they look for partners whose kinks line up with theirs, and put less value into particular body type or size.

Oddly I am on the more voluptuous side and both my long term sweeties are thin to average sized. :)

I'm a curvy "thicker" woman (I currently weigh more than I would like, but even when I reach my goal and get back to a smaller size, I am still curvaceous and have never been petite). Anyway, I prefer stocky, thicker men. Long, skinny, and lanky doesn't usually appeal to me. I like muscular calves and strong arms. I always check out a guys' hands because I am turned off by long, skinny hands and fingers (is that weird?). [Well, I also check to see if his fingernails are clean and groomed - that's important!] But a large-ish belly doesn't bother me. I also don't usually find myself attracted to guys with little button noses and boyish faces -- I usually go for the craggy face, long nose, mature look, which for some reason I equate with being more masculine. But I am not drawn toward thin, long faces. However, that doesn't mean I haven't gotten all juicy for a clean-shaven, milky white baby face or a rather skinny, bony guy. I've had boyfriends of all shapes and sizes: tall, shorter than me, skinny, heavy, older, younger, bald, hairy, boyish, not-so-boyish -- I have my preferences but won't rule out anyone who figures out how to rev my engine! It's usually their eyes, intellect, and sense of humor that will reel me in!

And of course it's not wrong or shallow to have preferences. But judging someone solely on looks alone, or other ideas you have about them before getting to know them, can be shallow. But not always. Sometimes our gut instincts come into play and tell us to avoid someone for some unnameable reason, and we have to trust our intuition.

Last edited:
All excellent points of view guys. Keep it coming.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it. There's somebody for everybody :)

I personally don't have a preference. I used to be heavy 100lbs over weight from what would be considered the top end of my normal bmi for my height. When I married my hubby, he was super thin.

I had since lost 120lbs, and while I'm currently 15lbs above that (kids and holidays, haha), and my hubby outweighs me by a good 60-70lbs now. I find him just as, if not more attractive now than I did before.

J is super thin and I like him and his body for different reasons.

I have been around smoking hot models, if they couldn't hold up their end of the conversation, I walked away. Well not that rudely, but it was an immediate sign of disinterest.

You got one up on me Ari. ;)
If someone can't hold up their end of the conversation, I really do just walk away. :eek:

That said,

I was always.... curvaceous. Even before children I was a DDD cup bra. I tend towards the smaller built guys and girls.

Interestingly enough-Three years ago I was 216 lbs (heaviest weight I ever was) and started watching what I eat and working out. A year ago I had a medically necessary breast reduction from an F to a full B/small C.... now 150 lbs pretty consistently. (I'm 5 ft 8 and have been since pre-children).....
nothing about my taste in men or women has changed. I still greatly prefer small breasted women (though I used to say it was because I already had big ones, so what did I need more for), I still like my men a little on the small side.

However, that doesn't mean I'm opposed to meeting people who don't fit those specs, and if you get to know someone, who knows what could happen. ;)

Back