Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Happiness is doing stuff for those I love just because I can. I like to go out of my way sometimes to make my partner's day. Sometimes it's a surprise and sometimes it's offered or insisted on. It makes me happy and fills my heart with joy. They are all so worth it. I love them all so. :)

Wolf and I are having a lazy Friday. I'm lying on the couch watching him play the videogame he bought me last week (that I haven't played yet, lol). Sometimes it's nice to just relax and be.

Last week we 3 all went out to a stand-up comedy club. My wife sat between us, and was very brave and held both our hands nearly all night in public. The love was emanating out of her for both her guys. She was practically glowing.

She was also very horny when we got home. It was a great night. :D

Last week we 3 all went out to a stand up comedy club. My wife was very brave and held both our hands nearly all night in public. The love was emanating out of her for both of her guys, she was practically glowing. She was also very horny when we got home. It was a great night. :D

That's great progress! As I recall, you don't know your metamour well?

That's great progress! As I recall you don't know your metamour well?

Hi TP,

That is fair to say. We have had 3 scheduled nights out with all 3 of us together; about a dozen impromptu meetings with him and me on our own. We keep saying we will get together without my wife to go for a drink and a big chat man-to-man. (My wife is resistant to that idea.)

The main problem is just time. We both work. (My wife would never be interested in a guy who did not have a job.) There's also the fact that we have different rates of alcohol intake. I am a lightweight and will have had enough after 2 lagers. I think we need to go do it, though. It's a man thing.
;)

Hi TP that is fair to say. We have had 3 scheduled nights out with all 3 of us together; about a dozen impromptu meetings with him and I on our own. We keep saying we will get together without my wife to go for a drink and a big chat man to man (my wife is resistant to that idea).
The main problem is just time (we both work; my wife would never be interested in a guy who did not have a job) and also the fact that we have different rates of alcohol intake; I am a lightweight and will have had enough after 2 lagers. I think we need to go do it though. It's a man thing.
;)
I know I was nervous for Indigo and Mr. A to meet. I was scared they wouldn't like each other and the whole thing would fall apart. So maybe reassurance is needed that you two needn't be best buds, but you would like the opportunity to know this man who is such an important part of her life.

I know I was nervous for Indigo and Mr. A to meet. I was scared they wouldn't like each other and the whole thing would fall apart. So maybe reassurance is needed that you two needn't be best buds, but you would like the opportunity to know this man who is such an important part of her life.

We are just going at our own pace. She doesn't really need any reassurance now. We get on well enough for the moment, there is no stress. If we (he and I) need to talk to each other about anything, we just phone or text.

Do you ever meet people and you just get a vibe, the sense that they are poly?

This does not happen to me very often. Sometimes it happens and I end up being wrong. I hope this isn't the case, because my poly-dar goes ringing off the hook when I speak with the couple across the way from me.

For the longest time I only talked with the male. (We'll call him Pepe.) Pepe would always come out and help me shovel my car out of the snow, and while doing so we would have nice conversations. There is chemistry there, I think, but I never flirted with him because I hadn't met his girlfriend. The last thing I want to do is be the clandestine other woman! So finally, after our last snowstorm both Pepe and his girlfriend (I'll call her Sara) came out, and I got to help them clear their cars. Sara and I were very flirtatious with one another, and I really enjoyed speaking with her, so I invited them both over for dinner at my place for tomorrow night. I am so excited!

I have no idea if they are poly. They may just be looking for a threesome. Or they just may be very easy going, good humored, vanilla folks. Either way, I am happy to have such great neighbors, and happy to be making new friends here. It's not something I do often, due to being so busy with work and school!

We have a door. Georgia, the cat, can be with her boyfriend Mono and have her own bed to sleep on, her own love to pet her. Trevor, the cat, hasn't noticed yet. He is too busy protecting the territory on his own boyfriend PN's bed to notice.

Me? I covet my room and have no one attached to it but me. The house is becoming whole. Walking through piles of laundry is not the best. But it's coming together.

So, the couple across the parking lot has never heard of poly, but they def have poly-type philosophies. They just never heard the term before. We are planning for Jazz (my primary) to visit in March to meet the neighbors, and we will see where that leads. :)

It has been so long since the last time Jazz and I have been interested in a person, and here we have two people! We have never gone for a couple before, so this will be new. I have a great feeling about it.

They are so flirtatious, friendly, interesting and educated. I find it incredible that just a few days ago, I was on this forum complaining and whining about the lack of places to meet good people, and here they were right across the parking lot this whole time!

Breakthrough

Lots of talking, lots of openness and, somehow or other, I feel really good, because for some unknown reason Redpepper feels better. I am so confused, but happy to seemingly get this elephant out of the room. I really have no clue what just happened, but I feel lighter. :)

And no, it was not sex. I can't have sex when I am not connected. But now I am feeling REALLY connected!!

Lots of talking, lots of openness and, somehow or another, I feel really good because for some unknown reason Redpepper feels better.

I am so confused, but happy to seemingly get this elephant out of the room. I really have no clue what just happened. but I feel lighter. :)

Phew. Glad to hear it. I don't like it when there's disharmony with you two.

Poly blunders

Last night Redpepper and I went out for dinner. She was helping me test out a texting feature on my phone and I thought something was wrong when she didn't get my message. Ten minutes later I got a message simply stating "I love you too *insert name*" Apparently I sent the message to her husband. :eek:

It's all good though. He knows about us.

My husband and my boyfriend get together, just the two of them, about every 2 weeks. They go out for a beer at a sports bar or sometimes just sit at my bf's place and talk. For several years my husband has been very supportive of my bf with his career troubles and the terrible marital strife and divorce he has gone through. Now that the bf and I are in a sexual relationship it has become even more important for the two of them to build trust between them.

After they hang out for awhile, my husband always comes home so happy, with tears in his eyes, feeling the brotherly love between them, like neither of them has ever known. (I feel some pride in this! I have enhanced their friendship!) My husband will say, "I know why you love him. I love him too! He's a good guy!" And I feel so validated. :)

I love it when my husband leaves in the morning, on a day when I have plans to meet with my bf, and he says, "Have fun today. Take good care of our friend!" It feels like we are all on the same team. Sometimes he'll even ask what I'm going to wear!

About 3 weeks ago we went out to a club and went dancing. It was magical! I danced with my husband, and then my boyfriend. It was the first time I had ever danced with the bf. Wow, we had such a blast!

His ex was such an unhappy person. She would never dance with him or even smile at him, and here he was, dancing around uninhibited with me, and my husband watching on, happy for him, and for me. Woohoo. We left the club arm-in-arm, with me in the middle, all three of us laughing and silly. On the way home, my husband told me to go ahead and sit in the back seat and have some fun. So we were kissing and laughing and I kept reaching up and rubbing my husband's shoulders and... well, it was one of the best nights of my life. :D

I have a weekly support group I've been going to for several years, and a few people have come up to me lately and said, "I can really see a lot of growth in you." They don't have a clue, but I know in my heart what love is doing for me. I feel like I am living and loving life to the fullest. I feel like the luckiest girl around!!!

Last night Redpepper and I went out for dinner. She was helping me test out a texting feature on my phone and I thought something was wrong when she didn't get my message. Ten minutes later I got a message simply stating "I love you too *insert name*" apparently I sent the message to her husband :eek:

It's all good though..he knows about us :rolleyes:

LMAO

That is AWESOME!
RP, you are welcome to text me ILY any time. I'll be sure to respond in like manner!

About 3 weeks ago we went out to a club and went dancing. It was magical! . . . I have a weekly support group I've been going to for several years, and a few people have come up to me lately and said, "I can really see a lot of growth in you." They don't have a clue, but I know in my heart, what love is doing for me. I feel like I am living and loving life to the fullest. I feel like the luckiest girl around!!!

Sounds wonderful! Yay!!

Back