A brief Introduction

starlight1

Hello everyone, I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself as I have been lurking for awhile, i absolutly adore Reds and Monos story (i havnt yet read the husbands sorry!!)

As for myself, I am a 24 yr old single mother. I have recently left an abusive relationship and on the way through and out of that relationship I came to realise I was bi-sexual and no i didnt have to choose one or the other, it could be possible to have both. I was with my ex partner for almost 5 years and I have two little girls ages 2 and 3.5. :)

i will give a more thorough history of what brought this all about as well as my love for a certain woman who has been a friend of mine since I was 16 that had a huge impact on me and the way my relationship evolved with my ex-husband.

Right now I am going through the divorice process and healing. I have been researching polyamory and variations for almost 3 years, but I had not connected all the dots from my past actions until now. I hope to get to know all of you better and to work through these emotions as I am still researching and learning and trying to decide what the best path is for me. I am also mormon which makes the duality of spiritual (not religious) beliefs hard to connect with my social upbringing. I 100% believe in polyamory, i dont however think it should be mutually exclusing as in the church to be polygamous. But i am not opening up that can of worms in just an introduction.

Needless to say I struggle with these two sides of myself, and trying to bring them together harmoniously and honestly within my life. :)

So as I get myself more aquainted in the boards i will open up more but just wanted to say hello today. Kids keep me busy.

Welcome, starlight! I hope you find some help here on this forum, and that your divorce goes through as trouble-free as possible.

Fear not! :)
You aren't the only mormon who is polyamorous.
Nor the only Christian who is polyamorous either.

I was raised RLDS (which is hte group that followed Joseph Smith's wife when he died, whereas the Mormon's followed Brigham Young), I knew by the time I was 18-19 that I was definitely bi-sexual. I considered the possibility as early as 7th grade, but was afraid of it then.
Looking back now-I know it was there all along.

I am not dating a woman right now. I have a husband and a boyfriend. While I no longer identify to any specific church/religion. My belief in God still pounds strong in my heart.

You might check out www.lovemore.com-read their current online magazine, there was an article in there by a Christian man explaining what he'd learned in studying the Bible after realizing he was polyamorous and thinking he must be going to hell.

It was a decently written article and certainly gets the mind twirling.

RP, Mono and Polynerdist are deeply inspiring and amazing people. :) Poly isn't on much-busy man, busy man. But if you send him a PM he might answer (answered mine).

Look forward to getting to know you. If you need a little reassurance or have a question feel free to send me a PM. I check my email often!

Take care and welcome to the boards!
LR

Welcome

Welcome Starlight !
Hope you enjoy your time here. Seems to be a great group of people with a wide variation of backgrounds & beliefs.
Feel free to toss out anything you like.
All the better if it's a bit controversial <grin>

GS

Hi there. Glad you like our story. Nerdist, my husband, doesn't say much one here. We talk about him often enough though and keep him updated if we think there is something he may find interesting. He is more interested in blogging at the moment.

Have you heard about the court case to over turn the polygamy law in Canada so as not to include all non-monogamous marriages? There is a thead in fireplace I think that speaks of it and imaginery has accepted the challenge of keeping it updated. Thanks to imaginery!

Anyway, welcome!

Hi Starlight! Welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing your journey. I've got a traditional Catholic background so I too have certain internal struggles....you are always in good company :) My sister is a Mormon although no-practicing anymore - saved her in a time of confusion and spiraling path though.

Welcome again!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and kind comments. I am sure i will bring up ai lot of my internal feelings and very conflicting belief systems that at the moment seem at war with one with another.

*Sighs*

But I am glad to know I am in good company and hope to explore the forums and people on here more in my own personal search for truth love and fulfillment in life :D

Back