New guy here

NamesRHard

Hi all, wanted to post an intro post. Hoping this forum will prove to be of some help and guidance to me as my wife and I are starting to open up our marriage. I've read a few posts so far and people here seem to be great.

Greetings NamesRHard,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I read your other thread, and responded there briefly. Basically, the key is to explore your various emotions, and find out what lies behind them. Sometimes it is fear, sometimes it is conditioning, sometimes it is other things. Anyway, hopefully the various members here can supply you with the information that you need.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi NamesRHard - and welcome to the Forum! We have a good number of experienced poly folks here who are generally helpful and friendly, so please do not hesitate to post your specific thoughts and questions. The Poly Relationships Corner and General Poly Discussion sections are quite active, and you are certain to get some feedback there.

In relation to your situation, there are several of us here who post here regularly who have opened previously monogamous marriage. Although all situations are somewhat unique, I will offer a "heads up" that the general consensus here and elsewhere in the poly community is that women usually have a much easier time of finding poly partners than men do.

Best of luck on your journey! Al

Back