Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Spaminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtandConfused View Post
what if it was difficult to communicate it?
Then the person having the difficulty needs to own that.
Quote:

THere are some very un-compassionate responses here... there's always more than one side of the story...

Nothing is ever so simple, I thought this forum would deeply understand that?

I'd say the more important thing to you is, are you willing to WORK to make a relationship work (how ever it is configured) or not? if not then let it go, if you want to make it work, then give it your all.

Some things are simple, especially when it comes to giving.
If a relationship requires a lot of work there is something wrong. I think the notion of "relationships need a lot of work" comes from monogamism. Get hooked up with the first person you are sexually interested in. It turns out you arent1 as compatible as you thought so now you struggle to make it work. Not my idea of a great relationship.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:47 PM

There has been a good point made, which is: Is it about netball and being together 4 times a week at work, or is it about being uncomfortable with polyamory in general?
I can see how it could be both. Like, maybe Sal is ok parallel-poly, but not so close with her meta. Or, she's not ok with parallel either, but not able to say so because that means loss.

If it's about netball and spending too much time together at work ... I think you could sit down all three of you and have the conversation about if any of you is willing to leave the team. Maybe Mel is going to America and than the issue is sorted. Maybe Sal can date you and not play on the same team. Find out. Or use these questions as a starting point to get to the root issues.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:59 AM
Spaminator

There is another option. Treat netball as neutral territory. There you are just three teammates. Probably easier said then done, but it's workable.