Advice Please

tricksterfox

Hello,

I don't like talking about personal things on forums, but here goes...

I am not completely knew to polyamory. My ex and I, almost together for 3 years, were open. Now my current and I have almost been together for 5 years, and we have a child. I have told him that my ex and I were open, and he was cool with it. We have talked about opening our relationship, but only recently I have come out of the "polyamorous closet" and since then it's been an emotional roller coaster. After much talking he decided to travel this path with me.

Is there any advice anyone can offer? It hasn't been easy, since I feel guilty about the way the I am, and making him go through these emotions doesn't help.

Hi and welcome!

What specifically, do you want advice on? There are a ton of threads here you can read through that address similar situations to yours. Why not do a search, do some reading, and see if any questions pop up for you? It's okay to resurrect an old thread.

Advice on a good number of issues.

How being polyamorous would affect our child. The fact we have different ideas on polyamory and how to approach the subject.

Try doing a search in the tags for "children" and "lessons learned" also "foundations;" those and a hell of a lot more threads found in the tag cloud will be helpful. Look in the stickies too and a thread called "golden nuggets." The lifestyle and blog section might help.

Back