New here!

Celestine

Hi there! I'm Celestine. I am from the Edmonton, Canada area. I am new to polymory.. No I am new to practicing polymory. I have had fantasies about how cool the lifestyle could be since I was at least 20. I am 35 now. I love the idea of being able to love without feeling confined to one person. I have tried to stay in monogomous relationships all these years and at some point I always get restless and leave them. This time I am with an amazing man and I want to stay with him but I am feeling the restlessness... Our problem is that he is monogamous and is not the slightest bit interested in what I am doing. He does not get how I can "love" more than one man or woman equally. He thinks it means something is wrong with him. Since he was so dead set against this arrangement I starting things off wrong and I cheated. I have since changed my ways and would not do it again. We are healing from that and our relationship has improved. I try nearly daily to explain that there is not anything wrong with him and that I am just wired this way. He still doesn't really get it but he is supportive and allows me to "date". I am currently looking for another boyfriend. This can work, I know it.

It is nice to meet everyone and I am excited to read about how people here can make this a successful experience.

Hi Celestine,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you are starting to "negotiate a peace" with your primary/monogamous partner. We all make mistakes and we have to learn from them; it seems to me like you guys are doing a good job of moving forward, and looking toward a brighter future for both of you.

If there's anything we can do to help out, let us know. Read lots on this site, do searches and tag searches, and post when you have any thoughts, comments, or questions. This is a good place to get support and perspective from people who've been where you're at.

Just take things in little steps, and you will be fine, I believe it.

Much regards,
Kevin T.

Back