McMaster University, anyone?

Cyren

Anyone here from McMaster University? (Ontario, Canada, though if you're there you should know that I guess.)

Having looked around, I haven't noticed any poly resources on campus, nor any websites or such like I've seen for some other universities, so I figured I'd just ask around.

Obviously I'm looking to meet like-minded people and get in touch with the McMaster/Hamilton poly community if there is one. I'm relatively new to poly, and my first experience unfortunately fell apart recently. I'm hoping to learn from my mistakes and other people's advice, as well as knowing people who I won't have to explain being poly to.

Thanks all!

I'm not in the Hamilton area but I do know there is a Toronto poly, or maybe several, group & I THINK there's one in Hamilton. I'll ask around on the Toronto group and see what I can find or you can email them here [email protected] .

There's a group on LiveJournal for the Hamilton area as well, if you're a member.

Welcome.

Come to think of it we're going to be in Hamilton at the Convention Center, on the 3rd floor, on Saturday afternoon volunteering at Sexapalooza. If you're looking for something to do, or someone to talk to, swing by the Dungeon and ask for Robin:). I'll be in the Dungeon between 1 and 5:00

Unfortunately the university decided they'd like to give me midterms on Saturday, so I couldn't make it out to downtown. The Hamilton LJ seems to have died a while back, but I've been looking through the TorontoPoly site and I'll probably shoot them an email in the next day or two. If I'm lucky someone there will be able to point me in the right direction.

McMaster has a very active LGTB group, lots of nice people there but while they seem poly-friendly there doesn't seem to be an active poly contingent.

They wanted to make you THINK on a weekend! How cruel! :rolleyes: :eek: Hope you did wonderfully :).

Aside from some housework I'm free this afternoon if you want/need to chat or something.

Thankfully the exam was dead easy. :) At least they give us nice ones on the weekends.

I think the biggest complication facing me at the moment is finding poly-compatible people. It's a hard subject to open with, and people are far less than comfortable about it. I have a very strong definition of what poly means to me personally and I'm comfortale with that. It's taken me a few years to get to there, mind, but after some soul-searching I did get there. Everyone seems to have a somewhat different definition of poly, thought the underlying ideas seem to be the same.

I'm just mostly at a loss for how to meet on one side people who are poly-friendly/open as friends, and on the other side people who are interesting relationship-wise and comfortable with my being poly.

Back