Just saying hi

Curiousliz8877

Hi! I'm new to these forums and to poly in general and just wanted to say hi. As someone who is open and honest and embraces the uniqueness in myself and others I was thrilled to learn about poly. I've always felt limited by monogamous relationships and have been looking to make new connections with others. It's not about the sex for me- it's about forming new bonds and relationships with other like minded people. As a newbie I'm feeling a little shy about taking the next steps with people but it feels good to take the first step. I'm so glad this community exists.

I'm married, a mom with a toddler and feeling limited by my monogamous relationship. I'm here to take a step to explore a new dimension to my life and relationships. It's already feeling like the right fit. I'm so glad this forum exists! I can't wait to meet new people. Thank you!

Liz in Mass

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Liz!

I hope you can find lots of information and support here. Personally, I find the approach of letting relationships develop as they will and being honest (with yourself and others) about who you are to be appealing.

JaneQ

Last edited:
It is great to have you here. Feel free to chat and talk about what is going on with you life with everyone. What I have been doing is reading the posts by people on the sight to get a feel for them.

Hello and welcome! I'm also new here and exploring the poly concept, this seems like a very good place for resources and real life learning.

Hi Liz,
Welcome to our forum.

No need to rush yourself through the steps; take your time and check out the various threads we have on these boards. There is a lot you can learn.

It's good to have you with us. I hope you will enjoy your time on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

The freedom to explore our needs as individuals is primary in any relationship. At least you are now connecting with those inner needs. This seems to be a safe, informative place to ask questions and make new friends--I am new here myself. Good luck!

~Dolly

As someone who is open and honest and embraces the uniqueness in myself and others I was thrilled to learn about poly. I've always felt limited by monogamous relationships and have been looking to make new connections with others. It's not about the sex for me- it's about forming new bonds and relationships with other like minded people.

That's exactly how I feel! I'm new too, you can go read my intro post if you want. I have a toddler too btw :)

Hi! I'm new to these forums and to poly in general and just wanted to say hi.
Hi back!:)
It's not about the sex for me- it's about forming new bonds and relationships with other like minded people.
You hit the nail on the head there.
As a newbie I'm feeling a little shy about taking the next steps with people
Awwww :eek: We're nice people, really! :eek: You don't have to feel shy with us.
I'm married, a mom with a toddler
You (and SkylerSquirrel) might be interested in the following threads:
poly books and stories (also films) for children (This one for when your children are a bit older.)
Breastfeeding
Children and Polyamory
And -for a whole list to work through: Threads Tagged with children

And two that newbies in general might find useful:
"Stop me if you've heard this one" - clichés we've heard from non-polys
Tags (Independently of this link, to get here you click on "search" in the blue bar at the head of your page, then on "tag search".)

Wow. Thank you for all of the responses. I'm a bit overwhelmed- in a good way! All of the welcomes and resources are greatly appreciated. Thank you! I just started the conversation with my husband about my need for more. More connections, more people to love, in my life. It was hard but I already feel like a weight has been lifted. What a great community here. Thank you!

so the question is how did that conversation go?

so the question is how did that conversation go?
Yeah, Liz: you're not the only curious person here!:);):rolleyes::D:eek::p

If you think it might help, you might read your husband the poem quoted from in the 4th part of my signature. [Click on the title.] If you think they're too risky:eek:, you can leave out the last 2 verses.;)

Last edited:
Back