Role Playing Games

and here I was hoping someone else was into gaming. Personally, I'm fond of D&D, Marvel, and a few 'home brewed' varieties. 'course, that's all the tabletop gaming variety.

I do LARP
live action roleplay
at the moment i play whitewolf, old world vampire,
it is how i met most of my partners :)

i love roleplay.

Do you play anything Mono?

Jools

Do you play anything Mono?

Jools

I used to play a lot of computer games but got away from online stuff due to "liking it too much". I then fell in love with Eldersrolls, Morrowind, Oblivion and first person shooters.

Since reorganizing my life last year I don't play anything and in fact don't even have a TV! Facebook apps are as close to playing anything for me now.

My sister used to Live Roleplay but I stuck to good old paper D&d and Robotech when I was younger.

Games People Play

The wife and I are currently in the Beta Testing of Alganon. We still play Istaria Chronicles of the Gifted that use to be called Horizons back in Beta and Launch days 2003.

We've been in the Beta's of WoW - EQ - Dransik - and way back in the beginning of Online Games "The Realm" 1996.

The_Realm_Online_%28computer_game%29_screenshot.jpg

The Realm
2-D graphic online game.

So we've been playing around in virtual life for over 13 years.

In Real life we've been playing around for over 35 yeras.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

Unfortunately nothing these days...other than maybe something akin to HARPOON 3...on a 1:1 scale. And people complain about the SFB ruleset being complicated! Used to play several tabletop wargames...BattleTech, Car Wars, SFB, etc. RPG's moved away from D&D early when a buddy introduced me to Traveller, and GURPS. Played some with Palladium, MERPS, Rolemaster, etc. Never loved Palladium systems much...but you had to love Robotech.

Lately ... mostly all I've had time for has been restricted to playtesting for the GURPS:Spaceships series right now....

Various card games like Munchkin, Dork Tower, Chez Geek & ZOMBIES!!! provide a nice diversion once in a while. I want to find my copy of 'Burn in Hell', and I need to get my hands on HUMANS!!!

PS: I realise this post is now full of URLs that involve lots of RPG's and zero polyamory...but it's frequently observed that poly's seem to love things that relate to RPG's. I'll strip them out if needed...but I'm hoping I won't need to.

It appears that we've finally got our 4th ed D&D game off the ground. I've played my way around most of the White Wolf games as well, but haven't done much of that since college.

I met my husband at a Vampire LARP and got to know him at a Mage game. I'm somewhat surprised we didn't give out miniatures as wedding favors.

Brings back a lot of good old memories. I had loads of fun with D&D, AD&D, Star Frontiers, Gamma World, Boot Hill, SpaceMaster...shall I go on?

Moved on to many other games since including boardgames and MMORPGs.

We are taking game games right? ;)

Wayward: which server were/are you on in Istaria? I used to play as well.
Imaginary: Munchkin rocks!

I started playing EQ, DAOC, there was a space one that was called earth and beyond or space something'r'other, SWG, various free low graphic stuff online that I usually only played for a few weeks, YoHoHo Puzzle Pirates, the beta for WISH, which unfortunately didn't make it :(, Free Realms, Horizons/Istaria and WoW. But I'm not playing any now really.

I've always wanted to play D&D but never had a real good opportunity.

Istaria / Horizons

Wayward: which server were/are you on in Istaria? I used to play as well.

Trying to remember the Shards' name we played on in Horizons before the World Machine was built that colasped the Shards into Chaos - Regular Order - Role Playing & Blight - Test Shards respectively. The wife would know the name but she's in bed. We still play on Chaos the regular Shard (sever) and we're busy building a guild house and shops and houses on 2 plots there.

Just old online gamers here.

Just Me,
Tim

HAHAHA! I have no idea what you are all talking about! Cool!

I'm with you ygirl, life is game enough for me.

My boy likes to play super mario on line and bubble bobble... and power pamploma and gunpowder...

He's six however.

I recently bought him a DS for Christmas and now have to figure out how to use it... his daddy will, I have no interest, yet strangely surround myself with gamers... what's with that????:confused: I love 'em I guess :D

Last edited:
Um.. Fb games...Oddily Farming games are it for me! Hahaa!

I have Enjoyed "Age of Empires" though.... Im sad..I know.

My fav game has got to be Champions of Norrath and Champions:Return to Arms for PS2

Kick ass RPGs and you can import your character from the first game (all points/weapons/levels and all) into the second game!!

Wait do SIMS count? I was addicted to them On the PS2.

They're kinda a rpg... I loved the Sims2 on pc too had it on ps2 but meh...

OOh, also, for PS3, The Godfather is surprisingly good too!

We've been in the Beta's of WoW - EQ - Dransik - and way back in the beginning of Online Games "The Realm" 1996.

The_Realm_Online_%28computer_game%29_screenshot.jpg

The Realm
2-D graphic online game.

o_O my internship three years ago was with Norseman Game for work on the Realm. People are still playing that game =p

I got started on pen and paper roleplaying in college with D&D 3.0. I've also done Call of Chthulu, Rokugan, VTM, and a few others. I've been wishing we could find someone to play with in the area but so far, we've not been successful.

Although I'm a World of Warcraft player. It was my first MMO. My current main is a night elf warrior called Yora. Because tank girls rock. ^_^

Back