Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Another great weekend camping :)

Almost a year to the day Redpepper, Polynerdist, their son and I went camping with a family that is dear to us all. Much has changed in the year. I felt out of place and sort of like a hindrance to them all bonding on that first camping trip. We have all hung out a lot since then and those feelings have almost all but disappeared.

Derby came for a visit on the first night and came back the following day with her kids for a nice walk and some s'mores. Roly Poly spent the first night with us, which gave me a great opportunity to tease her and Polynerdist. (I'm immune to the "look who's got a girlfriend" taunts-- part of my mono super powers.) Redpepper and I slept like babies, thanks to the better part of a bottle of whiskey, while Polynerdist and RolyPoly waged war with invading mice all night. :eek:

The kids all had a blast.

Once again I am blown away by the people we have around us. Another camping trip is just around the corner, too!!

This growing collection of friends and lovers is the community I feel comfortable with. It's a much slower process to build, but has an air of depth, maturity and sustainability that numbers could never replace for me.

I'm a pretty happy mono guy with an incredibly special poly family. :)

Last edited:
Almost a year to the day Redpepper, Polynerdist, thier son and me went camping with a family that is dear to us all. Much has changed in the year. I felt out of place and sort of like a hindrance to them all bonding on that first camping trip. We have all hung out a lot since then and those feelings had almost all but disapeared.

It's very encouraging to hear this Mono. :)

Roly Poly spent the first night with us which gave me a great opportunity to tease her and Polynerdist. (i'm immune to the "look who's got a girlfriend" taunts..part of my mono super powers) Redpepper and I slept like babies thanks to the better part of a bottle of whiskey while Polynerdist and Roly Poly waged war with invading mice all night :eek:

Next time, we're having the whiskey and you can deal with the raccoons and mice. ;)

Serves you right for teasing. :mad: (joking)

This growing collection of friends and lovers is the community I feel comfortable with. It's a much slower process to build but has an air of depth, maturity and sustainability that numbers could never replace for me.

I'm a pretty happy mono guy with an incredibly special poly family :)

I'm so glad Mono. I'm feeling a little "out of place", but being patient. :)

It's very encouraging to hear this Mono. :)

Next time, we're having the whiskey and you can deal with the raccoons and mice. ;)

Serves you right for teasing. :mad: (joking)

I'm so glad Mono. I'm feeling a little "out of place", but being patient. :)

No need to feel out of place...transitions and connections are occurring. Patience is the key :)

No need to feel out of place...transitions and connections are occurring. Patience is the key :)

I think the best way to describe how I feel is stunned. I had a whole other agenda going on... I just wanted to meet like-minded poly folk. Was not looking for a relationship, just to meet people who I could be open with. And my thoughts have been on so many other things. My career, my housing situation, my life direction. Integrating into a poly family? That definitely wasn't on my mind.

Yes, connections are occurring and transitions are definitely occurring. It scares me a lot to wonder how on earth all this could unfold into something where everyone will be happy. Hmm, I think this is the wrong thread for this... :p

Success and Happiness? I'm feeling so lucky at how patient, open, welcoming and accepting you're all being towards me while I sit here stunned, blinking in the headlights. LOL!

It scares me a lot to wonder how on earth all this could unfold into something where everyone will be happy.

You're talking to the uber mono guy. Imagine how I felt LOL! If there is anything I am sure of it is that Redpepper, Polynerdist and I are happy in how things for us have been unfolding. I never thought it could be this good, but it is.

Success and Happiness? I'm feeling so lucky at how patient, open, welcoming and accepting you're all being towards me while I sit here stunned, blinking in the headlights. LOL!

I can't speak for Redpepper or Polynerdist, but "energy" is what seams to give me confidence in the people I meet. I feel it with you and Derby, as well as with Redpepper's tertiary. It's easy to be patient for people who have a certain energy about them. It's the kind of energy that doesn't make demands or impose. It says "here I am" and merely shares in a way that is natural and inviting.

I absolutely love reading this thread. :) Fills me with hope and inspiration. Glad you guys had/are having a great camping trip!

You're talking to the uber mono guy. Imagine how I felt LOL!

I can imagine!!! You clearly really love RP to go through the intensity and come out the other side so well-integrated.

If there is anything I am sure of it is that Redpepper, Polynerdist and I are happy in how things for us have been unfolding. I never thought it could be this good, but it is.

You really are all such a good fit!

I can imagine! You clearly really love RP to go through the intensity and come out the other side so well-integrated.

And she clearly loves me to have been so patient and supportive. Why would any poly person put up with the first 7 months of work otherwise? ;)Oh yeah, because she really loves me.

Well, things are moving fast around here. Major drama with LR's godson. He is moving in with us. BUT things are as they should be and it's so comforting knowing that we ALL are on the same page. Its such a (to steal Roly's words) "stunning" feeling. I'm content with life and I'm embracing the direction that I want my/our lives to go.

Life is good. :)

LR and I are doing awesome. We are settling into our D/s relationship very smoothly. I've been reading the book that LR raves about all the time, 7 levels of intimacy. I hate self-help books, but I have to admit this one is good and it's actually helpful for me. :eek:

Peace and love,
Maca

Tribes

Last night we went to a birthday party for two of our friends. When I say "we" I mean Redpepper, Polynerdist, Derbylicious, Rolypoly and me. The only two people missing from our lives were Redpepper's other love (tertiary just doesn't say enough) and Polynerdist's "boyfriend" (for lack of a word that is more fitting).

I don't like the word tribes. (It sounds primitive to me. No offence) But it came into my mind as I thought about us all together. Five people, all with connections and harmonious caring that form a web. There are four pairings in this web that were present. Each have their own uniqueness and autonomy but each also affect the other. There is no: "Well, that's their thing." Yes, we recognize the autonomy of the connections, but we also understand, feel and care about the threads that connect us all.

There were five smiling faces at the beginning of the night and five smiling faces at the end of the night. There was no drama or awkwardness, no worries about how much time to spend with each partner (I guess, anyway). There was fun and sharing. There was a natural flow that I think gets its strength from the individuality of each person. Our lives are enriched by the connections that have been created. They add layers of depth as we work through the issues of not just our autonomous pairings, but also the issues of those who are our partner's partners.

"Compersion" is the word that best sums up the flow of our connections. I sense it from all of us. It truly is a calming and fulfilling way to feel.

Last edited:
Last night we went to a birthday party for two of our friends. When I say "we" I mean, Redpepper, Polynerdist, Derbylicious, Rolypoly and myself. The only two people missing from our lives were Redpepper's other love (tersiary just doesn't say enough) and Polynerdist's "boyfriend" for lack of a word that is more fitting.

I don't like the word tribes (it sounds primitive to me..no offence) but it came into my mind as I thought about us all together. Five people all with connections and harmonious caring that form a web. There are four pairings in this web that were present. Each have their own uniqueness and autonomy but each also affect the other. There is no "well that's their thing". Yes we recognize the autonomy of the connections but we also understand, feel and care about the threads that connect us all.

There was five smiling faces at the beginning of the night and five smiling faces at the end of the night. There was no drama or awkwardness, no worries about how much time to spend with each partner (I guess anyways
). There was fun and sharing. There was a natural flow to everyone that I think gets it's strength from the individuality of each person. Our lives are enriched by the connections that have been created. They add layers of depth as we work through the issues of not just our autonomous pairings, but also the issues of those who are our partner's partners.

"Compersion" is the word that best sums up the flow of our connections. I sense it from all of us...it truly is a calming and fulfilling way to feel.

Agreed

Not only that, but there was a smile in my heart as Nerdist (my husband) drove Roly home (she was in the front seat), and gave her a kiss as she got out. I sat in the back with a passed-out Mono, whose head was on my shoulder, holding my hand on one side and a jolly drunk Derby on the other side, also holding my hand.

I went home to bed with my too lovely men and became a roasted Redpepper, as I was roastingly hot in the bed, but was so in love and so at home.

:) :) :) Nothing but happiness.

Back