The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I'm also up way past bedtime. I'm getting a new employee tomorrow and I'm exceedingly nervous about it. Haven't had significant communication with First bf in four days and I'm sad about that. (although two weeks ago he mentioned visiting next weekend, and I've been looking forward to it, so my brain is running away with 'maybe he won't visit now') Last week was really hard on my body (had to go to chiropractor twice) and I'm nervous about this week with added stress.
better things: I didn't spend money this weekend, I got lots of laundry done, and threw lots of things away.

Long day at work, got a bit more caught up on stuff I was behind on. Home and in my PJs - having a beer and relaxing. Boys are in the kitchen debating the ingredients to the perfect hamburger...I'm happy in a warm, fuzzy way.

Love, Peace, and Happiness to all!

JaneQ

Not well today - Felt sick. Fortunately, not working today, so I'm just trying to ease off to sleep. Just trying to find my place on here. :)

Not feeling good.

My ex and I desperately want to be with each other, but both of us know that we won't provide what the other needs (seeing as he's fervently opposed to sharing). Today I cried in public because of the depressing things he's been saying, and we ended up having sex even though we're not supposed to be doing anything romantic (for our own sakes). I feel incredibly torn and like this can only result in more pain and hurt...

On the other hand, we also all got together to celebrate the birthday of a mutual friend we haven't seen in almost a year, and watched a funny movie together. I guess it's those little things that keep us sane.

Last edited:
Been spending a little extra time here and there with the boyfriend, and really getting used to seeing him a lot makes me miss him that much more, lol. Had a really fun night playing Castle Ravenloft (a D&D board game) and watching some Doctor Who last night with all the mates and another friend. Feeling very content this morning :) Only thing that could have top this would be spending the night. Maybe sometime we'll get to that...

Family Webseries

Spent today watching all 21 episodes of the poly webseries "Family" with my guys. We laughed. I only had to hide my head once (can't stand to see people embarrassed...even on a sitcom). We had a few poignant comments and a bit of discussion...an enjoyable afternoon. (Too bad MrS is sick...)

JaneQ

I am basking in the afterglow of a lovely, if short, weekend with First BF. *happy sigh*
(and ever so slightly dreading my tomorrow)

My work week starts tomorrow morning - I have to go over and wake my dad up as well, so I'll be getting up at 3AM instead of 3:30.

It's been a busy couple of days off and my face has taken a ton of punishment: I've had a chemical peel and a wisdom tooth removed. I really want this stupid swelling to go down on one side of my face. And next week I'll get another peel and go back to the dentist to have the stitches removed.

I have extra work this week, which, I'm glad for the extra hours, but 16+ hour days are killer. >_< I'll like it when the check comes, though.

Madscientist hasn't been around much since our other friend headed home a few weeks ago. Gamerboy and I had dinner with him and some other friends on Monday and it felt a little strained at first. He also talked about spending half of the year here and the other half a few hours away in a larger city. I know this place is like a social wasteland sometimes and hope he finds what he's looking for there. I wish there was some middle ground for him and I but with our personalities I just don't think it's possible.
On a positive note the new bedroom is not completely done but livable which is fantastic. This project proved that Gamerboy and I have completely different thinking and communication styles, which in turn led to minor spats but we're trying harder to speak in a way the other person will understand. And my first class at my new school is going well so far so yay.
I have always talked to a few interesting women on Ok, no one close enough or compatible but it has still been fun.

Feeling a bit worn out. Roller coasters can be super fun, sure, but the solid ground when you finally get off feels pretty nice too. I think I need a vacation. :cool:

I've been presented with a unicorn opportunity. It wasn't what I went looking for but I think deserves some consideration. I am still unsure for to couple of reason. One being my preconceived notions about these sorts of relationships and the negativity I've read about them here and two being my surprise at this popping up at all, as I'd never considered it an option.
The couple in question is nice and being upfront about their rules, which are few, and about themselves. Honestly is always a big brownie point with me. Gamerboy has no issue with it, so I think I'll keep digging through the unicorn threads until I come to some sort of decision.
I'm learning how to use illustrator this week in school and I must say that program is a huge pain in the ass. I learned how to use corel before this, much easier program.

Luckiest Girl.

I don't know if I've mentioned it recently but I'm just about convinced I'm the luckiest girl in the world.:p

We are about a year into our co-habitating Vee and life is chugging along. NRE has been subsiding (thank goodness!) and we have had some discussions/arguments over the past weeks that feel like we are "breaking through" to a deeper level of intimacy ("growing pains" if you will) amongst the three of us. I am feeling comfortable/stable enough to allow myself to let go of my need to keep Dude at arm's length, to let go of my "this is temporary" defensive mindset - he's not planning on going anywhere soon, if ever. (Which, to be fair, he has said all along - he says he doesn't do "half-assed" relationships...) To stop worrying incessantly whether MrS is "really okay" - he's not going anywhere either. We are all growing and learning and being with each other.

How did this reclusive introvert bookworm hermit manage to attract two men who complement her and each other so well...without even looking? (I really must have been some type of awesome person in a previous life to deserve what the karmic winds have thrown my way...:rolleyes:)

I'm happy in this minute. Not bursting with excitement, not deliriously grinning, not sparking and glowing with passion. Just...really really happy down to the center of my core. (I came home from work and the boys are both sleeping, I look at them each and smile - they are so beautiful to me in this moment.)

Well, there is work for me to do, I should break out of this reverie - I just wanted to stop a minute and express my gratitude and happiness into the ether. Thank you world!

JaneQ

My ex h and I each have a storage unit packed to the gills with items we don't have room for in our respective apartments since we split and sold our large house. Somehow I havent had the will to go and clean mine out in 2 years... until now. I guess it reminded me of him and our breakup too much.

But now, stable in my life, my living spaces in my own place and miss pixi's, and with 2 helpful strong bfs to help with the big stuff, I've been busting my ass to get my unit cleaned out. God knows I can't afford the $204 a month rental.

I've shoved some of the stuff I don't want over into the ex's unit. We've both got keys to each others' units, as there is no conflict about who gets to keep what.

I gave 2 Mission chairs and a coffee table to The Ginger. They need work and he's a woodworker so I am glad for the exchange!

I brought 2 1947 hutches that I'd inherited from my grandma over to miss pixi's kitchen, as she really needed more storage. I sold an antique school desk, donated the table that went with the hutches, donated many small household items, books, toys, clothing, etc. miss pixi is also getting rid of a lot of un-needed stuff from her place, as we've been going to thrift stores to upgrade our dishes and pots and pans. It's amazing how much dreck accumulates.

There is more to get rid of. There is an entire drum kit in my unit, that a musician friend once gave to my son (who has moved to playing guitar), a huge old broken rototiller, a dozen boxes of my daughter's books toys and housewares, a washer and dryer I've listed on Freecycle, my ex's old Nordic Track, a nice artist's easel and more! I am really motivated to get this all behind me by the end of the summer at the latest. Purging feels so good!

Feel like an idiot...just put my foot in my mouth again, so to speak. Why the fuck can't I express my feelings any better? Every time I try to, I end up pissing off people I care about. And now I just wanna crawl under a rock :(

I'm very anxious and uncomfortable. Beltane makes me crazy. My boss has been gone for a week and that left work extra stressful. My body was twisted up too. Avoided a meltdown by seeing chiropractor this morning, but I still feel a bit like a petulant child. I want to eat nothing but carbs; feel like I want to sit and rock (head-banging without the banging part). I'll be better by Wednesday, but getting from here to there is going to be a challenge. :D

Doing a bit better...all misunderstandings were cleared up and I had a wonderful weekends with my mates :) Not looking forward to this week at work though...it's going to be a long and painful one. I just hope it goes by fast.

Also, wondering why my hubby feels the need to fib and hide things from me. Not even big things but little stupid ones I wouldn't really care about. We had some big fights in our early days because of this...I thought he'd all but stopped. Turns out he hasn't :(

Well, I was right, I feel better, and it didn't even take til Tuesday. :) I had to give up my vacation day (stoopid job), but had a lovely twenty-four hour holiday with FirstBoyfriend. *soupir* I feel sated, and loved, and happy, and cheerful, and content. And tonight, CurrentBF made dinner and we watched Hop, which, while thoroughly silly, was kind of cute. As you might notice from my avatar, I have a bunny-thang going on. And tomorrow's First of May!

Back