The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Worried about my son so I'm going to stop by the counselling center today to try to get him an appointment and hopefully fill out any paperwork so that won't be added to the stress.

The one I'm going to has a sliding pay scale and special days and times for teens so here's hoping! It's also only a ten or 15 minute walk from their house and just down the street from school and right across the parking lot from the coffee shop, lol. I think I've got it all covered.

Transitapparent, awesome news! Here's hooping for you as well :).

Ari......sometimes being fried can be wonderful!

I HATE dealing with government offices! The beurocracies, the missing documents that you didn't know you needed, the finding those same documents or waiting for the inept lawyer to find, the time wasted waiting in line to be told you're missing vital documents (the ones you knew you needed but didn't realize it had to be GOVERNMENT ISSUED AND SIGNED!) *sigh*

Just where does a 16 y/o get a government issued ID when he's not 19, not military and not yet ready to take his driver's test and can't find his social insurance card?

I'm on VACATION. This means rest and recreation NOT hunting down documents, spending MY valuable time waiting in line in not one, but two, government offices all in the hopes my son can get his passport in time to go to Ohio in August *sigh*.

His dad is frustrated beyond words! One would THINK he would remember what would be needed for the OHIP card since he has one as well (government coverage for health care in Ontario). I KNOW what's needed & my requirements are different, lol. *shrug* The joys of motherhood & being married to a moron who can't remember from day to day anything important! (The only reason he remembers his name is because everyone uses it so he's conditioned to respond to it.)

Frustration is the word of the week, lol.

fhnsfanldfnfakl;fankl;famnfa

I need a pause button.. I can't wait till this weekend to decompress..

*runs away again*

I'm mildly amused.

One of my friends posted a link to an article. While I agree with the core statement of the article (SWAT teams are to common, large, over-equipped, and over used), I disapproved of the sensationalist reporting (OMG! SWAT teams are getting items they'd buy anyways from the military!) and the use of fear mongering language in the article itself (tanks? Really? A real tank would laugh at it, insult it's mother, and then run it over. They where armored cars at best). But because I showed disdain for the delivery, I got jumped on by one of his other friends.

Since when does disagreeing with how a message is delivered the same as disagreeing with the message itself? These things amuse me. Not sure why.

Happens on here all the time.:eek: People read what they want...they see things thru their own perspective USUALLY without thinking about how the writer may have meant it...and often a reader's interpretation is completely different, and a reaction may not always be to the message but how it is delivered as you stated. I even get annoyed with texts...sometimes I am wrong in my interpretation, sometimes I am dead-on. I know I often react before thinking that perhaps the writer meant something else...I am working on that!;)

Oh and by the way, feeling pretty good...mostly good- always a bit of unease but definitely getting better. I think so anyway.

Amid all of the challenges and confusions and etceteras, I'm still the happiest, luckiest guy on the freaking planet.

You other guys will have to fight me for the right!

Blah, today/yesterday is not my day. The whole world can go eat a bag of dicks.

Pardon my....french....

Dude, it's not the whole world's fault.

Yes, it really has been a miserable day and no, it's not the whole world's fault.

Dear river.

I have one word for you.

Hyperbole.

Having a good day! Got out of work early, got my new contacts in the mail, and have an interview to get back on food stamps later this month. All good things. Also, never underestimate how being appreciative changes ones outlook.

I have one word for you.

Hyperbole.

That's a fine word, indeed. :)

I'm just doing my human best to offer you kindness.:) An easy job toward queer boys!

Thanks river. Sometimes it can be difficult to properly interpret tone and intention. I appreciate the kindness.

Just found out that D got one of my friends high on X and took advantage of her while she couldn't do anything about it.

I am going to end him. Maybe not today, or tomorrow. Maybe not physically. But I am going to end him.

Back