The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Working on my knowledge for work this weekend, though i see my son fir 2 hrs tomorrow too, yay.

Need some hugs. My love of 2 years has found someone new, and now we are friends. It was long distance, my life was a mess, and it wasn't always fun, though we love each other, she will be happier with someone close by.

Oh, son-of-a-B. You've been friendzoned. [hugs from the heart]

I'm feeling right shitty today, which is good news after yesterday and the day before and the day before that ...

Oh, son-of-a-B. You've been friendzoned. [hugs from the heart]

I'm feeling right shitty today, which is good news after yesterday and the day before and the day before that ...

Yeah, Friendzoned!

I just heard a quote which i am adopting to see me through this -

"I have strong feelings, but I remain impartial".

I dont want to stand in her way, I have to deal with it myself somehow.

You're a brave man. I'd be pitching a fit if something like that were to happen to me.

You're a brave man. I'd be pitching a fit if something like that were to happen to me.

I feel dreadful Kevin, but I think its better for her and I have to let her do what she needs for herself. Im trying to stay friends and be supportive.

Why are you down?

I'm struggling a lot with anxiety right now. My brain is all fuzzy with it and not thinking straight.

Djinn and Mal have been great, but I'm waaaaay over here, and they are waaaaay over there. When I was alone it was easier to think myself out of the spiral somehow. Now it feels like all I want is a hug, so I start spiralling around the fact that the people I want to hug me are waaaaay away from me. Ah well. He'll be here in 5 days. I can hang on that long. I don't have a choice.

you can hang on it will be better soon..

I know that really does not help.. but I wanted to say something nice...

NaNoWriMo is kicking my butt. It's been fun but tiring. I'm glad I am doing it though.

I'm behind in word count but clawing my way back!

I'm struggling a lot with anxiety right now. My brain is all fuzzy with it and not thinking straight.

Djinn and Mal have been great, but I'm waaaaay over here, and they are waaaaay over there. When I was alone it was easier to think myself out of the spiral somehow. Now it feels like all I want is a hug, so I start spiralling around the fact that the people I want to hug me are waaaaay away from me. Ah well. He'll be here in 5 days. I can hang on that long. I don't have a choice.

I feel your pain! Long distance sucks...

Will be (hopefully) seeing my guy in a week! Miss him tremendously

Thanks Jill and reflections. Anxiety is a constant companion at this time of year. I'm working on it, and Mal is amazing about it (especially since he thought I was a LOT more 'together' than I actually am. It is easier to hide/suppress/not show the anxiety as friends than it is as partners. :/ )

I am at peace. I am on solo holiday, and I am enjoying the peace and quiet. No tending to laundry, unloading the dishwasher, driving to ballet practise, piano recitals, etc. I trust my husband and our children's caregiver to handle the home front.

I am doing my own version of Eat Pray Love. It started as a family holiday, evolved into a romantic getaway after our children returned home, and the last leg has been a solo trip. I am feeling rejuvenated and calm, though. I need my nerves not to be frazzled, as our children's summer holiday begins in just under a month. Give me strength and patience. :)

Feeling a big void since I've been friend zoned :-(

I'm away with my boy, it's weird that , apart from a few updates to his mum, no one knows or cares where I am or what I'm doing or if I've arrived safely and so on.

Aww hugs. I think it does feel weird sometimes to think that nobody would notice for a while if you just disappeared. I used to quite like the feeling - I think it's quite freeing.

I do find it important to remember that just because there isn't anybody in sufficient day to day contact that you need to tell them when you arrive and leave places safely, it doesn't follow that nobody cares. Some of the people in my life who care very deeply for me and I for them are not folk I would phone or text to say I'd arrived somewhere safely.

When I was growing up, mum used to like us to ring her and let her know when we'd be home or if we wouldn't because we were staying with friends. I find that I maintain the habit with partners I'm committed to even if we don't live together. Whenever I don't have somebody like that in my life, I write on the threads of forums I frequent just briefly - just to say that I've been out and had a nice time and am now at home. It's more to let me find a way of performing that habit rather than anything I felt was necessary.

Hope you have a good day today.

IP

Overwhelmed. Fighting a lingering chest cold. I just got roped into a short play because another woman dropped out mid-rehearsal, I'm struggling to catch up and learn lines/blocking. I'm playing a teenaged debutante (I'm a middle-aged hipster, but I'm petite and youthful and I hope can get away with it.)

Getting along great with hubby. I think I might've outed myself as poly to my mom. She asked if hubby and I were on good terms, and I replied (via email) "I love this married-but-not-living-together thing. No rings, no rules, we can date others. It's great!" I was met with blistering silence :)

Had a 2nd date with a woman I'm on the fence about. She's way more butch than my usual type, yet has never actually been with a woman. I appreciate an amazing strength in her. She raised her 5 siblings, she is now taking care of her sick mom, she had an injury on the job last year which left her incapacitated and she still has to deal with pain management. Yet she's a very positive person with a great laugh.

But she's also very stiff, physically because of the injury and, I think, and a bit "tough" emotionally. I dislike the idea of being her first woman, and I'm not sure I can reach through her nervousness. She doesn't drink, so can't even take the get drunk route. She is also very unambitious, she has nothing and doesn't care, yet she wants babies, and as she's already 32, that's going to need to happen sooner rather than later, which means at some point I'll be outta here--I don't co-parent. I feel like I'm a bit of an experiment.

Aww hugs. I think it does feel weird sometimes to think that nobody would notice for a while if you just disappeared. I used to quite like the feeling - I think it's quite freeing.

I do find it important to remember that just because there isn't anybody in sufficient day to day contact that you need to tell them when you arrive and leave places safely, it doesn't follow that nobody cares. Some of the people in my life who care very deeply for me and I for them are not folk I would phone or text to say I'd arrived somewhere safely.

When I was growing up, mum used to like us to ring her and let her know when we'd be home or if we wouldn't because we were staying with friends. I find that I maintain the habit with partners I'm committed to even if we don't live together. Whenever I don't have somebody like that in my life, I write on the threads of forums I frequent just briefly - just to say that I've been out and had a nice time and am now at home. It's more to let me find a way of performing that habit rather than anything I felt was necessary.

Hope you have a good day today.

IP

Aww , thanks, a drive a lot for work and sometimes long distances, like the 3 hrs I will drive tonight. It was a re-assurance for my love that I had arrives safely. Now it feels strange to be in a situation where I don't do that anymore. And yes, it makes me feel like if I disappeared, not many would notice, but my boy keeps me going. I look forward to him growing up, and he needs me.

Back