Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

How about just respond:

"generic response to generic greeting" and see if they catch on...

I'm pretty sure they would not catch on...they would think it was an interested response.

You would have to be clearer: "This is a generic NO THANKS to your generic greeting."

I have only received one well thoughout message on OK Cupid. The rest were from guys assuming that because I state I have a boyfriend and a husband and am looking for FEMALES that I want to have a gang bang or orgy. I've had several such requests in the month and a half that I've been on that site and the one guy who did send me a thoughful message was already dating my husband's ex girlfriend.

This morning, I received this message at OKC:

Hi there,

I read your profile and would love to get to know you. I am Ivy educated, outgoing guy who likes to work hard and play hard. I also have high sex drive. Would love to get to know you. Looking forward!​

He's about half my age and a 52% match with me. Apparently his Ivy League education did not do him much good.

Last edited:
here's another little gem...

"hello.i know is short message but i like to to ask you first about you like to chat with me."

Oooh, I got this one this evening, from a guy whose profile pic is one of those awful, distorted looking-down-at-the-glow-of-his-monitor shots:

wow what can i say u are so beautiful:) hi iam ricki​

Well, gee thanks for reading my profile, Rick, and coming up with such an intelligent and compelling ice-breaker. Now, what can I say?

<sigh>

Can we talk about user names? Obviously I won't specifically give examples here.. But I'm having such a hard time taking a lot of them seriously.

User names that mention certain gender specific bodyparts,
Anything with something teddybear related in it. (there are a lot of those!)
Guys who are obviously not born in 1969, but who have the number 69 in their user name.
Names that mention certain sexual activities.
The ones that end in 4you.. or 4u.. ok they don't really annoy me but somehow do display a lack of imagination.

do you form an opinion based on the user name?

Can we talk about user names? Obviously I won't specifically give examples here.. But I'm having such a hard time taking a lot of them seriously.

User names that mention certain gender specific bodyparts,
Anything with something teddybear related in it. (there are a lot of those!)
Guys who are obviously not born in 1969, but who have the number 69 in their user name.
Names that mention certain sexual activities.
The ones that end in 4you.. or 4u.. ok they don't really annoy me but somehow do display a lack of imagination.

do you form an opinion based on the user name?
I try not to but when I get a message from a girl named "donkeydong2000" I generally run through my list of things I need to do for that day and see if any of them can be done before responding to the message.

...or taco.

What is the taco thing about? I noticed quite a few tacos in usernames but have no idea why they would be there.

Well, I was always turned off by the taco ending because I know it is a slang term for pussy. I figured if a guy has "taco" on the end of his name, it's just as bad as adding "69" to their name, as a juvenile way of saying, "Oh pick me, I'm looking for pussy."

But when I posted about this on another thread here (or maybe it's this one, from way back, I dunno, LOL) I was told by another member that if you try to ask for a username and it's taken, OKC gives you choices (like when you try to get an email address), and some of the ones they offer will end in "taco" and "4u". Still, any guy who picks taco seems creepy in my eyes. And if they pick 4u that is just unimaginative and also a bit creepy, like they're stalkers just waiting "4 u." At least, that's the association in my mind.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I refuse to respond to any guy whose username ends in 4u or taco.

Now, "sushi" might be acceptable!

Helo, so since you've been defending the copy/paste first time greeting messages, are you guilty of same?

I know it's SO much trouble to look for a woman with a high match percentage, and then take 5 minutes to read her profile and another 5 mins to compose a message that references 2 items in her profile and how you share those interests or something, but goodness. If you want to get into someone's panties, or actually have a relationship lasting a few months (regular sex!), please, consider taking the time.

Thanks, Mags

My boyfriend, Ginger, has shown me his joke female profile, no picture, short profile... He gets messages every week, even from guys telling "her" she's cute, when there is no picture!

Haha, I am telling him about this thread and Helo's resistance to "what women want," and he said,

"Can't put out effort at first or she will expect you to put out effort later, or even in bed."

Aha! LOL

Gods forgive me for trying to be nice to people.

O_O I had no idea taco was slang for pussy. I just like crunchy tacos from taco bell...

I got this message today.

Can we talk sometime ur very hot and i want to get to know u better

super original.

Back