Poly and facebook

Any of you can add me :).

Just shoot me a pm & I'll give you the email address to search for.

My real life & online life are all jumbled together, lol. Family, gaming friends, poly friends....they're all on the same page.

Pming you! And for the record I am just making my page a poly friendly zone. I don't really intend to write about it on other peoples pages just because i dont know who you have on your page (general you) :)

Pming you! And for the record I am just making my page a poly friendly zone. I don't really intend to write about it on other peoples pages just because i dont know who you have on your page (general you) :)

cool! sounds like a good idea...
mine is a jumble of everything on one... :confused:

add me too!! :)

For the record, the link in spaghetticat's sig will ONLY take you to her page if you are already signed into facebook.

Let's see, that's RP, Derby, spaghetticat & MrDreadful, anyone else? :D

My friend wants to know who you are as you contacted her to be a friend on fb... how did you know she is poly? She isn't on this forum... a good half of my friends on there are poly so it could of been a 50/50 chance I guess. anyway, she was a little skeptical cause she doesn't know you.

I can't comment on the poly thing (I'm curious, but I am not poly, not ANYTHING, in fact, but single;0)...but, I have 2 accounts, one for virtual friends, and one for RL friends...the virtual friends one is phoenix seven-sixtytwo, the other has my real name;0)

I had-well-not a problem as such, but -I think- a misunderstanding with a virtual friend, and then I thought it was time to separate the accounts...

However, someone who looked at both accounts can see that it's the same person, there's not much difference, save for the fact that there is a lot more strident atheist comments from the virtual world on the phoenix account (on my real account...a lot of friends and co-workers are Christian, and I don't want to offend them...some of the virtual friends are REALLY militant atheists).

This is my real account :
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ebaron
The one for virtual peeps is in the siggie line...

Last edited:
wow! Your profile is wracking up the friends!

Yep:) & happy to have them along.

Sorry RP. I know better than that. I must have hit the wrong person, if you were talking to me any way.

My friend wants to know who you are as you contacted her to be a friend on fb... how did you know she is poly? She isn't on this forum... a good half of my friends on there are poly so it could of been a 50/50 chance I guess. anyway, she was a little skeptical cause she doesn't know you.

Yeah that was my bad I didnt realize at the time that if we had 3 friends in common it would be safe to assume they were from the forum. I totally felt like an ass after that, and apologized to mono as I am not trying to cause any kind of drama at all.I did explain to one friend who I was and why I was adding people and also said if they feel uncomfortable it is totally cool. And then just explained why i wanted people on my page and stuff... I can share the message... sec...

So sorry for not emailing you sooner! I guess my main "motive" for making a poly FB is just so that I can feel safe to post about my life in that way, as very few people understand, especially because of my us military affiliation it makes things a bit *sticky*. I am looking to make like minded friends, but I am also a bit hesitant, it seems most people I "come out to" think it is me asking them out or misunderstand my thoughts feeling and ideas on the subject? I got a bit click happy and was just veryexcited to add new friends on my page :) I can understand your weariness about adding a stranger- as for what you can expect from me? Probably some online friendship, I like to say hi and good morning and good evening. Since i know some people have their poly and mono lives blurred together on FB i won't be posting anything about it on other pages. I have one local friend who teaches some BDSM classes who is involved in the alternative lifestyle but not specifically they poly lifestyle, however he is having heart surgery- but I am looking forward to going to some events with him.

I do have a sister who lives in****though I don't visit very often I think it would be awesome to meet up with some of the great people I have met online at some point (those who are open to it :)

Nice to meet you** and please feel free to ask anything, I am still learning about myself but I do appreciate you friending me on here !

This is basically what I have been saying. I am really really truly totally sorry I didn't mean to cause any drama or upset anyone and have just stopped adding people, I am not so worried about it anymore because I found a button that says only my friends can see my friends list... So once again sorry!! And if there is anything I can do to make anything better please let me know- i will gladly apologize to any friend that I have made uncomfortable :eek:

The reason it was happening is because you have me, RP and Mono all as your friends and we have a lot of mutual friends in common who have nothing to do with the forum (some of whom have nothing to do with poly). It's ok, these things happen with facebook. We all get the strange requests from people who we know nothing about.

wow I must be gunshy on facebook. I haven't even added all the people I have met. I have to have some sort of the relationship with them or had anyways.

No drama at all. I told her you are cute ;) and that she should add you. She's not into fb that much though so it means nothing if she doesn't. She thought it was humorous :)

Back