Contribute to Poly Research!

CircusFreak

Hello everyone. I come to you requesting your help with something very important. I am a student of psychology who is currently conducting research on polyamory. Not a lot of academic research is available on the subject, and I am making an effort to change that. It would be a tremendous help if you could fill out my online survey about relationship styles. This study is open to ANYONE over the age of 18, and will probably take between 30-50 minutes depending on your relationship status. Every completed response matters. So please fill it out if you have the time, and pass it on to others. Thanks!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/relationship_styles

FYI, most researchers and university students who come here asking for us to fill out their surveys usually do state the names of the college and researchers in their posts (if not, someone usually asks for that info). I see that it is stated on your surveymonkey page, but you may also want to include that info in this thread, in case anyone is cautious about clicking on the link.

Did the survey.

There were a lot of questions relating to the responder's personality type and a few questions that were hard to answer because I wanted to ask "in what context". The compersion questions were interesting because my answers were slightly different between MrS and Dude due to the discrepancy of the lengths of our relationships. I trust MrS more because he has earned that trust over the last 20 years - I know he would not hurt me. I actually trust Dude more, 18 mos in, then I trusted MrS at the same time frame of our relationship (because MrS is the one that taught me to trust in the first place - it took a while) - but he doesn't know me well enough yet to be able to predict how I would feel about something...so he could hurt me inadvertantly.

Anyway - good luck with your survey.

JaneQ

You check out clear, I'll take a look at the survey.

Aww man. I got through basic info fine... I know my age and gender and all that... Pansexual wasn't listed, and I never know whether to lump myself in with the bisexuals or choose "other."

But then the first "real" question stumped me. "Extrovert / enthusiastic" ... those don't mean the same thing! I'm enthusiastically introverted. Hrmm.

Moving on.

Oh shoot, you're assuming that when I say "I'm in a polyamorous relationship" that it means my husband is also polyamorous. That's going to be tricky. Like yeah... given that my husband is monoamorous, I expect him not to fall in love with anyone else... but if I answer that way, it makes it sound like I'm not allowing him to do so, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Oh good. There's a comment box at the end. I'll just mention that there.

I took issue with the question near the end, something like: "Which partner do you love the most?" Egad, I think that is a horrible question. While I see my love for others as having different shades and hues, I don't quantify it. If I feel love for more than one person I am involved with, I couldn't say I love one more than the other (though there may be more affection or different levels of closeness between me and different people).

Bummer, the survey is down. Knew I should have completed it when I first saw it. Hopefully you got a lot of good and helpful information for your research.

Back